Steep juice & Cleaning my aspire with a sonic jewelry cleaning machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamsam065

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Pa
I seen some posts on here about useing this sonic jewlery machine for steeping I just bought one that goes for 30 mins at a time and I seen people use it to clean the tanks? I'm new to all this quit smoking 30 days ago but don't no alot about cleaning these things I have a good battery now the I stick 30W and the aspire mini tank and other aspire tank can't think of name love them . But don't no how to clean them so can anyone help me with this useing the sonic machine and steeping the juice how do u guys do it in that also? Thanks so so much

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi slamsam065 and welcome to the forum. Congrats on quitting the cigs. Up in the top right corner of every page is a search box. If you type in "tank cleaning" it will bring up a list of posts to search for your answer. I suspect there will also be info found under "steep" and "ultrasonic cleaner" . If I had a simple answer I'd give it to you, but alas I am relatively new myself. Good luck!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I use my UC for both, I simply disassemble my tanks and place them in the UC for 5 minutes. They come out clean as a whistle.
I have to add the caveat regarding tanks that are press fitted or use adhesive to hold them together, the UC may have an affect on them.
I have not had it happen, but you never know.
I don't own the Aspre Mini nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night...
As for steeping juices in the UC, I heat the water up in the microwave to warm to the touch (150 degrees has been recommended on here)
fill the UC to the upper portion of the bottles I'm using and turn on the UC for 1/2 to 1 hour. Again, lots of debate on here regarding
the efficacy of using UC to steep,mix or age juices.
Good luck to you!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
30 minutes! Wow.

I do 2 x 3 minutes for everything from Vaping kit to Jewelry.

Extended use of US can remove the surface layers... I don't know it that affects vaping hardware though.

There is clearly a difference between cleaning glass (pyrex) and steel compared to 'miracle' results with gunked atomizers..

I agree about the abililty of the UC to clean coils, It will remove the soot that accumilates on the interior of the coil fixture, but it really doesn't remove
the burnt crud on the coil, I wish it did!
i quit using my UC to age or steep juices as I made a magnetic vortex stirrer to make my eliquid and found it works better for combining flavors.

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
I agree about the abililty of the UC to clean coils, It will remove the soot that accumilates on the interior of the coil fixture, but it really doesn't remove
the burnt crud on the coil, I wish it did!
i quit using my UC to age or steep juices as I made a magnetic vortex stirrer to make my eliquid and found it works better for combining flavors.

I was wondering about coil cleaning. Does anybody know what the nature of the 'burnt crud' on the coil? Has anybody soaked one with crud in a solvent?

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I was told these things get machine oil off of attys.. This true? I started with a kayfun clone awhile back. I looked at it the other day and it's COVERED. Those things must be good! As for steeping, I don't see how that'd work versus all natural outta light steeping + time.

DNA 40 Lyfe #FlavorChaser

I havenn't run into that problem with new tanks, but I always thought that I would put a couple of drops of something like Dawn dishwashing soap
in the UC with the tanks to clean it out...
There is a bit of a debate on using the UC for steeping versus time, so if it works for you, great!

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
if you are talking about Aspire coils, and I am not sure I understand correctly....
they are horrible to dryburn...
I just wait until I have a whole batch of them dirty ( smoky taste, etc), then dump them into a pot of boiling water, boil them on low to medium for about one hour or more, drain the water, rinse with fresh cold water, put them on a piece of aluminum foil in the oven at about 300F, bake for another hour or more...
get them out, screw on base when I need one, pulsate about 5 times until no smoke comes out and glowing bright red and they're ready to use again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread