Steeping???¿¿¿???

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R..

Mar 24, 2014
California
So whats the deal with steeping? Is it something you need to do with every juice? If so Then why doesn't the manufacturer just do it for you?
Today i went to my local vape shop and got a bottle of OMG ..., its a cranberry lemonade mixture of sorts. I tried it on their tester Vaporizer and it was pretty good. Sweet hints of cranberry with a kinda tart sugary lemonade-ness to it. When I got home broke open the new bottle and put it in my setup it just tastes like a lemon, kinda like biting into a freakin lemon. If it hit it nice and slow it tastes like a burnt lemon, but if i hit it fast it tastes like lemon.
Would this "..." juice be a candidate for steeping? Will it help make it not taste as crappy?
Is steeping just leaving the bottle to sit there for a while with the cap off?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some juice vendors make their flavors in large batches (pre-mixed) and do not require steeping.

Others make your juice at the time you order it (custom mixed). These may or may not require some steeping. If they do need steeping, just allowing the juice to "age" for 1 - 2 weeks is all that should be required.

Steeping is just the melding of flavors with the base liquids (pg and vg; propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin). Not all that different from when you cook a pot roast. It will taste fine on day one, but it will be much more flavorful on subsequent days after all the meat and vegetables have had a chance to meld together.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Most e-liquids will get better flavor after steeping. And lots of vendors make the juice pretty much right after you order it so it's not had a chance to steep yet. Some are great right out of the delivery package while others are not so great and must be steeped. And some just don't ever taste good no matter how long you steep them. If you're gonna leave the cap off don't leave it off for more than 24hrs. All leaving the cap off really does is let some of the alcohol evaporate and the alcohol has something to do with being a flavor carrier or something like that. I don't really know so I shouldn't really so that. But whatever. I don't steep any of my stuff intentionally. It just happens because it takes some time to go through the bottle.
If your using a vv/vw device then different flavors will have different taste at different settings. And there is gonna be a difference in flavor depending on how you draw your hit. You've already discovered that. Lots of things are gonna be a factor in flavor. Power output, whether or not the coil is gunked up, or maybe it just needs to steep.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Some juice vendors make their flavors in large batches (pre-mixed) and do not require steeping.

Others make your juice at the time you order it (custom mixed). These may or may not require some steeping. If they do need steeping, just allowing the juice to "age" for 1 - 2 weeks is all that should be required.

Steeping is just the melding of flavors with the base liquids (pg and vg; propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin). Not all that different from when you cook a pot roast. It will taste fine on day one, but it will be much more flavorful on subsequent days after all the meat and vegetables have had a chance to meld together.

I'll also add that some oxidation is taking place (color change) and things like alcohol will evaporate off (cap off first 24 hours)

P.S. You age cheese, you steep E-juice. That's just the way it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread