Diy ejuice problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlentyVapes

Jan 11, 2018
Hey guys i made a 30ml bottle 2 days ago the company i used used was from chefs flavours (UK). At first the juice tasted great after a 24hr steep but the following day the juice tastes like perfume. The percentage of flavours are 6% rainbow candy %4 lemon. 2% raspberry and 2% bubblegum. ( Sounds bad but actually tasted really good and fruity) . This is not the first time it has happened just wondering if anyone has any tips or has had this happen to them. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

PlentyVapes

Jan 11, 2018
I left the cap off for 2hrs in a dark cupboard then put cap back on then left in the dark for another 24hrs. At first it tasted amazing but today the flavour has kinds disappeared. I make 10ml bottles and sometimes it happens aswell not all the time tho. The bottles has ingredients on it that are. Pg/flavouring and water but nothing says about alcohol.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Not unusual for flavor to mute then come back during steeping. Don't breathe the mix anymore than you already have. Perfume is probably coming from the raspberry and will go away. Put away and forget about it for a week. Lemon and rainbow candy can keep you going as a snv.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Breathing a mix should only be done in short bursts, not days.

It's not unusual to "taste" a flavor initially, and then have it change into something unvapable....Then something really "great". That initial "taste" well, if it doesn't linger you need to just steep. At least a week, shaking maybe once a day.

I don't even taste my initial testers at the beginning. I've been doing DIY long enough to know that there is little point, unless it is specifically a "shake and vape." I enjoy most of my mixes at the age of 3 weeks or older. It can be tough starting out to make sure that liquids get "aged" enough. I'd suggest sticking to storebought for a while, and not tasting any new flavors for at least a week, and I would not be surprised if they continued to improve after that time.

In my opinion (everyone is different) there is no substitute for time. I do not heat steep, I don't agitate my mixes much other than shaking them vigorously from time to time. You just can't really "speed" the process much, has been my experience. Occasionally, I will do a "quick and dirty" heat steep for someone I am mixing for, but I still caution them to wait at least a week, if they can. Or I use really bold out of the gate flavors as primary, I'm talking stuff like blue raspberry or forest fruit.

Best of luck, patience will be your best friend here.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys i made a 30ml bottle 2 days ago the company i used used was from chefs flavours (UK). At first the juice tasted great after a 24hr steep but the following day the juice tastes like perfume. The percentage of flavours are 6% rainbow candy %4 lemon. 2% raspberry and 2% bubblegum. ( Sounds bad but actually tasted really good and fruity) . This is not the first time it has happened just wondering if anyone has any tips or has had this happen to them. Thanks.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like you make a bad Shake n Vape (SnV).
Could look at:
Shake n vape list?
Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum
PS, The raspberry's can be very tricky, using blueberries are safer.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
TFA Raspberry tastes and smells like acetone (fingernail polish remover) to me, no matter how long it steeps or breathes. That might or might not be your problem, as everyone perceives smells and tastes differently. I personally can't/don't want to use it.
I agree, try Sweet Raspberry. Raspberry is gross maybe 1% would help. Black Raspberry tastes more like rotten mangos to me and Blue Raspberry tastes like what I imagine the Tide challenge tastes like. Soap and bleach or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread