Steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfig

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
So i've heard a lot about steeping on this forum. I assume that means the time you let the juice sit in the bottle. Are there already steeped juices? I need to order some, but I want to order some juice that i can start vaping right away rather than having to let it sit. Ideas? I'm not very clear on this subject. Thanks all....

XO
Kristin

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
I missed this page in the vaping handbook, and simply don't worry about it. Sure, some get better with aging, some don't. I've yet to have a case where something is unvapable at delivery, and OMG a month later.

My experience has been like wine.. if it's good it can get better, but it's still good, but if it sucks, time isn't going to change that.

Opinions vary greatly on this. So, buy it, try it, if it's not what you wanted shelve it and try again later. It's all part of the journey to the holy grail of "Daily Vape".

Good luck, and best,

-Z

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Steeping is the tradeoff you get when you buy from a reputable site that sells fresh juices. If you want to avoid steeping, you might try some of the juice flavours or milder tobacco/cigar flavours.

Flavours like chocolate, coffee, caramel and some stronger tobacco blends are probably going to require steeping before you can vape them all day.

For what it's worth, Blue Mist Vaping sells 180ml bottles. Once you figure out the flavours you like, you can get a big bottle that should keep you from steeping for a while.

Gourmet Vapor has 500ml bottles. But first try the smaller sizes until you know you like that flavour. :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    Vermillion River premixes all their juice in batches. They even have born on date stickers on the bottles. Comes ready to vape.
    Zogem has it right though. Mostly it's like homemade soup. It's better the day after you make it and gets better every day as all the flavors settle into each other. But if it sucks on day one, nothing will change that. But often with vaping, you may find your tastes change over time so sometimes a juice you didn't like at first may grow on you.

Sometimes a fresh juice can have a bit of a perfumey nose at first and steeping does help that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread