Steve, Val, Mark: A Better International Shipping Option!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
Dearest V4L leadership;

On March 15th, my V4L order was shipped out via USPS First Class International mail, for which I was charged $25. I was quoted a 2-4 week delivery time by Valerie and informed that USPS doesn't provide tracking numbers for this type of shipment. Today is the final day of the 2-4 week delivery period, and my package hasn't arrived (of course, the day isn't over yet!.

The purpose of this thread is to suggest an option that is better than paying $25 for 4 week delivery with no tracking number, and that option is provided by the very same shipper: USPS.

The option I'm talking about is USPS Priority Mail International, using a Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box. The size of the box is 11" X 8.5" X 5.5", so even very large orders would likely fit inside. Delivery takes a mere 6-10 days, and a tracking number is provided. It only costs about $17 more than the shipping V4L currently uses.

I would absolutely pay 17 extra dollars for 6-10 day shipping with a tracking number. Absolutely. And I would certainly end up smilin'.:) Also, I'm sure V4L would like to be able to track its own international shipments as well.

So, what do y'all think about my idea?

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It'd be a great idea. Other vendors in the US use them - both the small and the medium versions. The small size (which would still hold 12++ 30ml bottles) only costs $14.70 to Australia and you get the extra protection of the cardboard box.

I know V4L is losing business because of the postage fees. I've only placed one order to date (and been vaping for months), and we even resort to collective purchases in the Australian sub-forum to try and alleviate the costs.

The product is great, but the cost of shipping makes it difficult for V4L to become a core supplier. Hopefully Steamin's suggestion will be looked into so we can change that ;)

Garblesnarf

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
USA
I would absolutely pay 17 extra dollars for 6-10 day shipping with a tracking number.

While I'm sure some people would pay this amount, others would complain out their rear.

There are a lot of international shipping posts where individuals are already upset about the high cost.

Maybe the solution is to offer both mediums :confused:

Although I'm sure V4L would much prefer having tracking numbers than not.

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
While I'm sure some people would pay this amount, others would complain out their rear.

There are a lot of international shipping posts where individuals are already upset about the high cost.

Maybe the solution is to offer both mediums :confused:

Although I'm sure V4L would much prefer having tracking numbers than not.

V4L should definitely consider offering two int'l shipping options: one that's cheap(er), slow, and lacks tracking; and one that's (more) expensive, fast, and provides tracking. USPS can offer both options.

As for the people who complain about a $25 int'l shipping charge for heavy, bulky items such as batteries, chargers, and liquids -- c'mon, now; shipping internationally costs a significant amount of money, plain and simple -- that's just the way it is.

Garblesnarf, have these complainers suggested realistic alternatives that are cheaper, faster, and have tracking? I really don't think such an alternative exists, right?

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
It'd be a great idea. Other vendors in the US use them - both the small and the medium versions. The small size (which would still hold 12++ 30ml bottles) only costs $14.70 to Australia and you get the extra protection of the cardboard box.

I know V4L is losing business because of the postage fees. I've only placed one order to date (and been vaping for months)...
The product is great, but the cost of shipping makes it difficult for V4L to become a core supplier. Hopefully Steamin's suggestion will be looked into so we can change that ;)

Thanks for your support.:) One thing worth mentioning: according to USPS's website, small flat-rate Priority Int'l boxes don't offer tracking; only medium and large. Have you gotten tracking numbers before on your small box Priority shipments?

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
The option I'm talking about is USPS Priority Mail International, using a Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box. The size of the box is 11" X 8.5" X 5.5", so even very large orders would likely fit inside. Delivery takes a mere 6-10 days, and a tracking number is provided. It only costs about $17 more than the shipping V4L currently uses.

Actually, the premium might not have to be as high as 17 bucks -- about eleven hours ago I ordered from a V4L competitor (I got 600mL of various juices for the incredibly minute sum of $100, along with 20 cartos) and they offered a terrifically wide array of shipping options. I, naturally, chose Priority Int'l with a medium flat-rate box (they even let you choose the size of the box!) so I could get the tracking number and 6-10 day delivery.

How much did they charge me for shipping?

Only $3.40 more than the V4L price for non-tracking, 4+ week (it still hasn't arrived after four weeks of waiting, and I've gone nearly completely insane in the meantime) USPS "First Class" int'l shipping.

That's right: for $28.40 USD, you get a jumbo box that'll almost fit a two-week-old asian elephant calf, a generous 20 lb. weight limit, online tracking, and 6-10 day shipping.

Steve, Val, Mark... you guys are so good at everything else -- if you get this done, you will have achieved flawlessness.

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
I actually bookmarked this thread. I'm going to use it as my exclusive reply to the whiners already complaining about the international shipping cost. Thanks for the ammo! :D

Hey, no problem. I just try to tell it like it is.:)

Edit to note: It really does need a few more exclamation marks in the subject line though.

What, eight exclamation marks isn't enough?????????:D

And is seriously lacking in cow-bell.

Ok, that part I didn't understand.:confused:

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
We do offer various shipping options, if you request them in comments section. No problem, No issues. Just make sure we can talk to you prior and adjust price:D

Website should be updated later this month, but, I am really working on completely new web sites as well.

Vapor4Life tries, baby, this is why we have 6 people shipping today, so we will not be so backed up come Monday. This cost me time and a half, cause, We have the BEST people in the business, taking care of YOU.

This is silly, just Talk to us, and we will make you smile

Enjoy

Steve:cool:

lonercom

ECF Veteran
Well, we don't have a lot of posts featuring the cowbell...

Just for you Adrenalynn:

Cowbell

More Cowbell

You can see the original SNL, which also features Will Ferrell by clicking here.

And in case you didn't know, the Rays also have some cowbell guidelines. According to the team, fans are only supposed to ring their cowbells when; a Rays players reaches base or scores, when a Rays pitcher has 2 strikes on a batter or whenever the scoreboard asks for more cowbell.

Last edited:

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
We do offer various shipping options, if you request them in comments section. No problem, No issues. Just make sure we can talk to you prior and adjust price:D

Really?? I had no idea, Steve, honestly! This is great news. Does this mean I can have you ship things via USPS Priority Mail Int'l in a medium flat-rate box (the medium box comes with a tracking number)? Or could I even request UPS Worldwide Express?

When you say, "just make sure we can talk to you prior..." can that "talk" take place through email? Or does it have to be a telephone call?

Website should be updated later this month, but, I am really working on completely new web sites as well.

Sounds exciting! I can't wait to see it (or them)!

Vapor4Life tries, baby, this is why we have 6 people shipping today, so we will not be so backed up come Monday. This cost me time and a half, cause, We have the BEST people in the business, taking care of YOU.

This is silly, just Talk to us, and we will make you smile

Enjoy

Steve:cool:

I definitely appreciate your and your staff's dedication. We all know no one tries harder. And now that I know about your diverse shipping options, I'll be ordering again from you very soon.

And thank you for responding to this thread.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I AM OLD FASHION, WE WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU:D

STEVE:cool:

Really?? I had no idea, Steve, honestly! This is great news. Does this mean I can have you ship things via USPS Priority Mail Int'l in a medium flat-rate box (the medium box comes with a tracking number)? Or could I even request UPS Worldwide Express?

When you say, "just make sure we can talk to you prior..." can that "talk" take place through email? Or does it have to be a telephone call?

Sounds exciting! I can't wait to see it (or them)!

I definitely appreciate your and your staff's dedication. We all know no one tries harder. And now that I know about your diverse shipping options, I'll be ordering again from you very soon.

And thank you for responding to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread