Stevia Extract ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misshaunter

Nov 11, 2010
Oregon
Hiya gang,
Well we took a little trip into Cal today to look for some PG, VG and flavorings. Well went to walgreens and they don't sell any of the stuff neither did walmart. Went into ACE hardware and no PG there either so far i'm batting 1000. I found a little health store that had VG but no PG. I got some Stevia Extract for there for a sweetener. Oh boy it's sweet but one problem when I mix just a drop in a 3 mil test bottle w/o nic it makes the whole mix taste like ceder wood when it's vaped. First i thought it was because of the strawberry flavoring i got there because i didn't notice it had some oil in the stuff. So of course my atty got a hot water bath when i noticed that So I thought I would just try a drop of the stevia with a 3ml of straight vg and a clean atty. Same problem cedar tasting juice. So what is the deal I thought we could use Stevia in our ejuice?

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
It could be the brand of stevia. Is the stevia clear or is it brown? The brown is actually the plant mulched with water and alcohol, not good for vaping.

Walmart should have the VG, although it can be a trick to find, I spent an hour on a mission and was even told they don't carry it. They do, it is with the rubbing alcohol, witch hazel and band aids, not the skin care section.

Ooops, misread walgreens for walmart!

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
I would be careful doing that,usually powder sweetners have some sort of anti caking agent,that would quickly kill an atty
Mine doesn't have the glycerin in it. It has stevia water and alochol. I'm wondering if I try and make some VG with some of the stevia in the raw in the little green packs if it would be better?

amayameda

Nov 12, 2010
Anaheim
Wow. I think we bought the same stuff. I was literally on the bus, excited to try my new sweetener, when I read your post. Mine was stevia with alcohol and water. I gotbhome and mixed some VG and sweetener. After aboutt 5 hits, I noticed an odd flavor. If I hadn't read this thread, I wouldn't have identified it. It was a slight taste of cedar. I kind of liked it though. After about 30 hits, the cedar taste was SO strong, it made me kind of ill. I also started coughing a lot. I believe its the "now" brand.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Here's what I picked up yesterday, $8.99 for 60mL:

I003280.jpg

"Other Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerine and Water"

I haven't mixed with it yet, but I did taste a droplet of the pure stuff -- whoa, wholly intense chemical sweetness -- guess I won't do that again!

I think I'll try 1mL of plain PG and 1 drop of sweetener and vape that to see if it gives an off taste. I bought the stevia because the sucralose sweetener sometimes gives the dreaded artificial sweetener taste (in combination with some flavorings).

Oops, forgot: the color is very slightly yellowish and it's about as thick as pancake syrup.

Last edited:

Quix

Jun 13, 2010
AZ
Only thing I haven't tried is the EM sweeteners. Do they give an off taste to your juices?

silkakc,
i've been using EM for sweetening and like it very much. is a clean sweet.
the caveat here is that am using it at a 90/10 PG/VG ratio.
when have assembled juice with higher VG ratio... 20 or 30 percent, have noticed that the sweet is not so... hmmm... straightforward.
so might not be a solution for the folks who enjoy higher VG content?

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Yesterday I added 1 drop of the NOW Stevia Glycerite to 1mL of plain PG and vaped the mix in a cleaned atomizer. All I could taste was a slight sweetness, less than I was expecting.

I got out a new LR 901 atty today, flushed it out with PG then dripped the test mix into it.
I tasted the slight sweetness again, but this time it seemed to have a faint "artificial sweetener" taste.
My wife tried it. She thought it had a bit of cedar taste.

I'll go ahead and try the glycerite in some recipes which use cinnamon or clove flavoring. Looks like it will take at least 2 drops per mL of recipe to have any real sweetening effect.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wanted something to sweeten some methol juices from TW - and someone suggested this ...

Results for Request a FREE Sample

It is very strong, i added one drop to 6ml and it gave it the added sweetness it needed. I like it - no after taste.
You can get a free sample but the shipping is around 2.70 so I ordered another bottle to make it worth the shipping.

Broad Applications & Do It Yourself
EZ-Sweetz has no after taste, and is very stable when exposed to high temperatures. EZ-Sweetz is suitable for broad applications. Do it yourself (DIY), EZ-Sweetz can be used where sugar is used, including: cold and hot beverages, bakery, and general home cooking purposes.

0.2(300)-1_new3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread