Still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. I'm wanting to mix my own flavors of e juice but I have a few questions.
MBV has unflavored nic juice, 236 ml bottle, I can get the 70 vg/ 30 dist. Water and 12 mg nic, which is how I currently get my flavored e juice from them.
if I get that ratio, will adding the concentrate flavoring dilute the nic level? And how much flavoring is a reasonable starting place?
I know that some juices I might want stronger and some I might want weaker, but I was just wanting a starting place.
i will probably start with mixing 15 ml at a time as I have some empty 15 ml bottles.
i would appreciate any help!

~Susiejo

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I had wondered that myself when I started diy, but quickly realized it really didn't make too much difference to me. I usually stick with one or two flavor mixes, though, so the amount of flavoring possibly diluting my liquid is pretty small. If you are worried about it, try ordering it 1 or 2 mg/ml higher in nic if you can. I suggest going with very small mixtures to begin with, possibly even as low as 1 or 2 ml worth until you have mastered a flavor (and keep notes!!). That way, if it is absolutely horrible, you aren't out too much. I actually only mix up 15ml of one flavor at a pop, even now (I do, however, mix up around 7 bottles at a time, but different flavors in each one). I get tired of flavors too quickly, and like that I am only on one flavor 5 days tops.

I get the nic, pg, and vg separate, so it would be easier for me to factor in the ml of flavor added and subtract that from either my vg or pg diluting liquids. I hope someone with more knowledge on the unflavored pre-mix liquid can help you more with this subject. The only other suggestion I would have is search for super concentrated flavors so that any you add to your unflavored mix is negligible.

Good luck!

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
MBV's unflavored nicotine base is overpriced. Ecigxpress.com and Wizard Labs both sell base liquid for less than half the price of MBV.

This!!

I replied on another thread that this was not a way to save money. PG and VG are cheap at WL and the nic is amazing! Try it out. . .

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
And how much flavoring is a reasonable starting place?

It depends on the flavoring. If you were going to use the ones at MBV then they are likely flavor west and you could likely start out at 10% flavoring. But that is at best a general number. Some flavors will want more and others will need far less. If your going with different flavor concentrates from different places then the percentages will be even more variable. Some flavors only take a drop or two per 10 mil and others take over 20%. If you read around the DIY threads you can get suggested percentages for a wide variety of companies and flavors.

Thanks everyone for the info. I have been reading a lot about DIY juices but still was uncomfortable about jumping in. I want to start out slow as many things are kinda learn as you go but I want to be safe first and foremost.
One more question, where are some good online places to get the flavorings? I know MBV has concentrates 15 ml for about $3, are they any good or are there cheaper places to get it or places with better concentrates?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
MBV might be a good place for you to try flavors before going big.
I still try different flavors there when I'm short on $$ instead of making a big order at Flavor West (MBV uses FW).
I get their Hawk Sauce, Caramel Apple, Banana Cream Pie & Moo Juice flavorings to nudge over $50 for free shipping sometimes too.
Their signature flavors cost $4.50 instead of $3 though.
I mix their flavors at about 12.25-12.75% to make 18mg 70/30

Their Butterscotch flavor has it's own fan club. <-12.25% for me
Their Peanut Butter is my second favorite at the same concentration.

Use ecf at MBV for 10% off
You get a free 15ml sample juice there for orders over $15 (after discount before shipping).
Specify your freebie's nic & ratio in comments.

Read all the DIY Stickies & Hoosier's blog before you start.

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread