Store reopening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
I just ordered a mentholyptes from the tw stock, but simply must get me some heat. I've acquired some 190 proof moonjuice and will be attempting an extract of my own. Could not find ghost pepper so am going to try habanero. Still looking forward to the Diablo Loco though. In the meantime, do you have any recommendations as to the methodology of extraction and purification? I figure a couple minced peppers stuffed into an ounce of moonshine and wait a few days then filter through a few coffee filters should be good. Then dilute, dilute, dilute...

*edit - looking into tincture methodology now. think i should be good to go.

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I just ordered a mentholyptes from the tw stock, but simply must get me some heat. I've acquired some 190 proof moonjuice and will be attempting an extract of my own. Could not find ghost pepper so am going to try habanero. Still looking forward to the Diablo Loco though. In the meantime, do you have any recommendations as to the methodology of extraction and purification?

I distil mine, to catch the flavour as well as the heat from the peppers, but this method works: Extracting Capsaicin from Peppers

Beware - the concentrated capsaicin is insanely hot (over 3x hotter than police pepper spray!) Accidental exposure to more than a speck of the stuff is likely to leave you suffering from some sort of PTSD - getting it anywhere near you mouth, eyes or nasal membranes is a very traumatic experience. The alcohol vapour is also a very real explosive hazard.

Have fun :evil:

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
That's a very good link, much more informative than what I had located. I think I'm just making pepper tea right now :D Should still be enough to keep me happy until your site comes back online. I will be sure to try the extraction method from scribd for the next potluck we have at work. I will be sure to put clear warnings.

I cook with peppers regularly, so am sadly familiar with the oils ability to move around (for the love of all that is holy, don't scratch your nose). I can only imagine getting concentrate in there.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
No sign of reopening yet Nick? Are you any further forward or are the TW lot still cracking the whip? :)

I've been checking almost daily, as I watch my supply of Absinthe dwindle ever lower... I've had to back off on consumption, because I don't want to run out completely.

But my money is set aside and ready to be spent. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I ruined a batch of Habana Reserve attempting to dilute the mg down. Does anyone know of any mesquite extract that is water soluble? Or how to make it so?

For the absinthe, I found this works rather well:
Absinthe Pro TF Essence- White at Brewhaus

in combination with:
Wormwood Schnapps Essence- White at Brewhaus

and I added this:
Flavourart Express shop

...scroll down to the anise - it's the only water soluble anise I was able to find.

I used Ecopure 'fresh' for a 2:1 dilution - 2 being the Ecopure - then added 10 drops of each above, filling the 15ml with 1/3 of the TW juice.

flavourart also has a good 'black currant' flavor - same page. Other flavors under savory, floral, tropical... in the left column...

If anyone knows of a juice (a french pipe, cigar?) that taste even a bit like Habana Reserve, let me know.

EmpressVapor

Nov 15, 2009
U.S.
Hey guys!

I just ordered some DV mango from TW, and I'm sure the rose is great too and will be ordering that ASAP! Wish the reopening would come soon, have heard so many good things about DV, that I am so anxious to order other flavours as well! And I hope that if the reopening didn't happen anytime soon, that TW would get some news flavours as well.

EmpressVapor

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i'm longing for apple pie flavour. bought the apple from tw but to my dissapointment
was just apple not apple pie. i now have a very strong apple that i don't particularly like.

can't wait for you to re-open. i NEED my apple pie!!!!!!! it's almost gone. :(

"apple pie" was added as a flavor recently. I guess that means he's still alive. :) There's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread