Storing premixed juices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Just wondering how long a premixed bottle of juice can be stored! If it is in a sealed glass bottle and I put it in a cool dark place how long will it be good?
I am prepared for diy down the road but I want to stock up on some of my favorite premixed juices!
If I was storing pre mix I'd put it in glass, seal, block all light and refrigerate, not freeze. My understanding is flavor ingredients may react badly to freezing temperatures. Premix could hold up very well depending on the chemical stability of the flavor ingrediants. I'm sure flavor chemistry varies a lot.

Try this question in the RTSvapes thread called 'ask the chemist'.

Reactions: 57chilicat

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Just wondering how long a premixed bottle of juice can be stored! If it is in a sealed glass bottle and I put it in a cool dark place how long will it be good?
I am prepared for diy down the road but I want to stock up on some of my favorite premixed juices!

I agree with Sofarsogood. Put it in the refrigerator, but to be extra cautious, I'd make sure that my juice wouldn't be exposed to light, when the refrigerator light comes on by putting it in a box or covering the bottles with foil or something like that. That's what I plan to do if it starts to look like that will be necessary.

Reactions: 57chilicat

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I'm just going to jump in here to mention that I dug out a few sampler bottles (the harder plastic-type) I found in the back of my vape drawer that had born dates of August 2013. They tasted and vaped just fine after three years (I'm polishing off the last bottle now). Of course, your mileage may vary...

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'm just going to jump in here to mention that I dug out a few sampler bottles (the harder plastic-type) I found in the back of my vape drawer that had born dates of August 2013. They tasted and vaped just fine after three years (I'm polishing off the last bottle now). Of course, your mileage may vary...

This x1000!

I think people overthink and/or over complicate things sometimes. But that's just me.

I'm just a grump.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But a very nice grump, IMO. ;)

I've been told by vliquid manufacturers (for years) to keep pre-mades sealed well and with bottles full, in the freezer. My liquids have remained that way and vape like the day they landed in the mail box.

Simple vaperette, me.

Reactions: CountBoredom

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
But a very nice grump, IMO. ;)

tumblr_m7dmgjjw1M1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

Reactions: Katdarling
Status