str8 up newbie question about batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
batteries to get - AW, efest, Sony, Panasonic

Batteries to avoid - anything with "Fire" in the name - these are very cheap, low drain, flashlight batteries and are not designed for vaping applications

Please, please, please read baditude's battery info linked in Glenn_K's post above

Get a good brand, AW, Samsung, Panasonic, EH - there are more out there be careful about buying cheap AW's as there are a lot of people selling "AW's" that are efests with the efest label pulled off and an AW sticker put on it. Also look at the battery chemistry if you are looking for really long life, Panasonic NCR18650PF are an improved chemistry and the life is longer than other batteries rated at higher mah

Vicegrips

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio, USA
Glenn's blog on batteries, mentioned above, is worthwhile, imho.

If you are currently using something like an Ego/Vision/whatever stick type battery, you've probably got no more than 1300mah. If you are considering a replacable battery mod with regulation like a Vamo V5, Provari or similar, and you buy decent 18650 batteries (and any needed extention tubes for the mod if applicable) and charger, you'll have around twice the power available. These regulated mods allow you to adjust the amount of power (watts) or volts used to energize the coil in your tank. If you use about the same as your current stick battery, you'll get about twice the life. However, if you crank up the watts/volts on your new regulated mod, you can use up the battery more quickly.

I own both of the above mentioned devices, and they are very convenient for me to use. There are also other fine competing devices in both price categories (about $50, and about $200). The largest batteries I use (18650) have cost me between $10 and perhaps $17, depending on where I bought em and the specs for the particular battery. If you go this route, make sure you buy a decent charger that will stop when the charge is complete.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
No batteries will let you use all of their current as some of it will be in voltage regions that are inaccessible other than in theory. Batteries have different discharge curves and that'll affect the useful life you get out of a battery. For example, a high capacity battery might have most of its mAh close to the 3 volt marker, thus having a shorter actual battery life in vaping applications than a lower mAh-rated battery that has more of its capacity above the 3 volt region (most regulated mods shut down when the battery power goes down to 3.2-3.3 volts, mech mod users commonly switch out the batteries when they go down to 3.5-3.7). High discharge batteries usually have a better discharge curve. The Panasonic ncr18650pf is a good battery for regulated mods and non-subohm vaping.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The Panasonic ncr18650pf is a good battery for regulated mods and non-subohm vaping.

That is an excellent little battery for most applications. Subohming does need more though. Also there is the Orbtronic 18650 2900mAh Hybrid IMR. It's basically the same Panasonic ncr18650pf core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread