Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have 2 VTC5's that I re-wrapped and they don't fit in all of my mods anymore.
So... I don't think it's a good idea (transparent wraps as over-wraps) for me
4ofHaAe.png
I have mods that won't accept a battery that's got a second layer of wrap.

But I also have mods that do. :)

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
That could be True Also.

Because in the OP's Photo, it sure as heck looks like some Liquid has seeped its was under the Wrap from the Negative End.

Someone Needs to take one for Science and put a Bunch of Different Batteries with Different Wraps into a shallow tray of Water/Oil/e-Liquid and see if they can replicative what Winblows is seeing.
Well, I can verify (from a critter experiment) that it was liquid seeping from the battery negative end that cause my cell/wrap shadow just like the op's photo. Lost vape Mirage, SanyoNCR20700B. The critter was a young gray squirrel, having fun with my Mirage and a bottle of beer. Skippy (my name for her), was either going for a vape or a drink but ended up knocking my Mirage onto the deck chair followed by the half full beer (my fault for not drinking it all). Now the Mirage did not get it too bad, kind of fogged up the bottom outer window of the screen (now gone) but the battery door was wet. And guess what I saw when I checked the battery. My guess is capillarity action going on between the wrap and cell, and it doesn't seem to take much liquid. The wrap shadow is about 70% of the battery but stopped spreading. No liquid in the battery tube of the Mirage. Time will tell for the Mirage (sticky button wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread