Strange problem.... Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
:confused: I've had the eVic for almost 2 months and have had a problem where the 510 tank won't fire when the 18650 battery is fully charged, however it works fine with the 183500 battery (and eGo-T tube) when fully charged though. The screen will display properly, will show the ohms of the cart, and will even show properly if I change to a new carto. I can usually get it to fire if I hold down the fire button while loosening (or tightening) and wiggling the tank, but then I have to do the same thing the next time I press the fire button (and yes, the timer does count up while I hold the button). It doesn't seem to matter what 510 device I use (I have cartos, a vivi nova, and atomizers, and I haven't experimented with the ego threaded devices yet). After the power goes down because I've been fiddling with it for a bit (like 30-45 minutes of use), it will be fine and the tank can be screwed all the way down with no problems.

I thought it might be the battery (the included pink one) or the connection spring in the tube, so I bought a new tube (a black one, which I wanted anyway), and a new battery (Panasonic 3400 mah flat top). I am still having the same problem with a fully charged battery.

I am using a Nitecore intellicharger i4 v2 to charge the batteries (the 18650's and the 18350's), but the same thing happens when I charge via usb.

Is this normal? Do I need to get an 18650 flashlight or something to use in the morning to run the battery down a bit? Do I HAVE TO run the battery down a bit? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a big battery? :confused:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Hold the button............after 3-5 seconds it will fire. Take long draws to run it to 10 sec cut off. After 4-5 times it will drop the Voltage and should start firing normally.
Seems some eVic are reading fully charged batteries as Overcharged. One of mine does this, but not all the time.

It's completely and utterly unacceptable that you should have to jump through hoops like this, just so you can vape.

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
Never had this problem. I have had about 4 different evics in my hands and most of the time with different batteries.
(my colls seem to be scared ordering stuffs so help them along a bit to get started)
Could very well be the evic circuits are protected against too high voltage coming from the batteries.
Seems pretty logical considering the slightly more advanced electronics compared to pretty much any other device out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread