Not open for further replies.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Still feeling this made a difference?

I've been using the same #500 mesh wick and coil for a couple of months. (straw type)
The only issue with it is that it doesn't wick well without tipping.
After reading your comment, I pulled out my sheet of mesh and had to look really hard to see a "grain".
I looked at it for a bit and it appears that the grain looks like I have rolled it around the wick instead of along the wick.

This afternoon I may have to give this a try. I'm opening a bottle of DIY juice that has been stashed away for a month steeping.
I expect it to be spectacular!

BTW-I tried a couple of solid wicks and failed with them as well.
All I got was muted flavor and low efficiency due to heat sink effect.

On my fifth tank with this wick, and it's still working really well. I haven't yet loaded it with any dark juice, just clear juices like Thug juice and Wipeout, both fruity juices. I'm a bit afraid to ruin the wick with anything dark right now, even though I've only made 3 wicks from 3 sheets of 12x12 500 mesh.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
On my fifth tank with this wick, and it's still working really well. I haven't yet loaded it with any dark juice, just clear juices like Thug Juice and Wipeout, both fruity juices. I'm a bit afraid to ruin the wick with anything dark right now, even though I've only made 3 wicks from 3 sheets of 12x12 500 mesh.

Well, I didn't have as much time as I'd hoped today. I cleaned the wick and coil I've been using with PGA and am vaping away at it.
In the next day or 2, I'll have to make time to rewick and coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
when i tried a solid 500 wick (only once so far, i admit) and it didn't wick at all really. did i roll it TOO tight? i've had success so far with hollow 400 wicks, but not the 500's. thoughts?

Well, I forgot about this thread.....
I tried michlui's suggestion and made sure the weave's grain was running the length of my wick and so far it's working great!
I haven't reinstalled the fill screw though.

Currently using 30 AWG Kanthal 5/6 wrap around a 3/32 drill bit @ 1.6 ohms.
500 mesh wick lightly oxidized @ 40mm x 60mm, wrapped around a small paper clip, then rolled a little tighter to slide into my coil.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Bh3xdHN.jpg

I don't think this thing would dry hit if I tried.

Why don't you have a secong coil on the right side of that beast!?!?

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
I wish I could tell you what you may be doing wrong folks. Over oxidation? I roll a solid 500 mesh wick starting with 1.5" x 3" for a stck hole on an AGA-T2. More than 3" will fit but I cut to that size to get the most out of my sheet.

I can and have chain vaped anywhere between 8 and 15 watts with no wicking issues.

momiloco

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Malaysia
Me too never have any good fortune with solid wick.
Been using mesh 500 and AWG 30 kanthal forever.

I guess my wick is a hybrid of solid and straw, whereby i wrap the wick around a thin needle, therefore the hole in the middle is very small.

So far this is my best setup. Even some of my friends that I help is quite satisfied with the result.

I always use 2/3 or 3/4 wraps of coil to get around 1.0 ohm.
Would it be better to make a 4/5 or 5/6 wraps to get a higher ohm?

I am mostly using mechanical. my Vamo's thread is busted. can check the ohm by using an extension tho.

i am too scared to change the winning formula.

mob1900

Jan 12, 2013
kl
#500 solid/full ss mesh with a 70mm width on my AGA-T+. not single drop left in the tank. It's also the only wick that can keep up with my ribbon kanthal setup. straw wicks just can't keep up. I've only oxidize the top part where the coils are, helps with keeping the ejuices clear although if your ejuice has too much sugar and top gunk, it will drop into your ejuices and contaminate the rest of your ejuice color. by oxidizing the top part, you actually turn it solid and hard, helps with coiling too.

goodtillastdrop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread