Strawberry loosing taste ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I'd be interested to know: ask her if she puffs away a few times to build up the vapor, and lets the vapor stream out her nostrils before any inhalation of the main hit? I ask becuase I recently realized that when I do that, my flavor decreases afterwards a little. There's always a slight burning in the nasal passage doing that... for me, at least, and I wonder if the vape isn't overwhelming or numbing the taste sense. After all, a lot of flavor recognition is gained through air passing through the nose. It may only be me, but who knows.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Vego & Chimney nailed it.
Most of your sense of taste is in your nose, try holding your nose and eating something and see how it tastes. This is why nothing tastes good if your nose is stopped up. Like smells, if you are tasting the same thing all the time you will lose sensitivity to that taste.
It's like someone who works around strong odors, you just cant smell (taste) them anymore. Walk away from it and come back to it and the smell/taste is still there, you just cant perceive it after awhile.
I rotate between 3-4 flavors all the time so if one starts to lose its punch I go to something else and come back to it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread