Study: Brain activity of male vs female smokers. Drug vs Habit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I think this is very interesting!
We know that some members ...
chain vape, use varying levels of nicotine, focus on flavors or volume of vapor, hand to mouth, throat hit... and many who are still missing "that something else"! Some find satisfaction, and some don't.

I hope someone does a broader study with more variables besides "gender" and "smoking". Maybe just nicotine, chemicals added to tobacco, WTA's, other personal lifestyle habits... stress relief.... I think this is opens a really big can of worms.

I want to create an anonymous poll, but I have to give it more thought before posting to get the best results.
I'm hoping for some input here.

I'm a chain vaper, and probably don't even need nic, though I use it. But analogs do give me that "something else", along with the stained teeth, stench, and wheezing... so I chain vape. I was a chain smoker too.

Please share your thoughts.

"The Yale team found that dopamine release in nicotine-dependent men during smoking was consistent and rapid in the right ventral striatum, a region of the brain central to the reinforcement effect of drugs such as nicotine. A similarly rapid dopamine response was found only in women in a part of the dorsal striatum, a brain region that also happens to be critical for habit formation."[/B]

YaleNews | Smoking lights up brain

Last edited:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I read the article about the Yale study.

Maybe I'm missing something but the study was made with cigarette smokers, not nicotine users. There is nothing in the study to show cause and effect with nicotine use. The study does show cause and effect with cigarette smoking.

Yes, but most of us WERE smokers at one time. If I hadn't been a smoker, I would not be vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread