Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well I have cheap digital calipers. Also good dial calipers, good veneer calipers, and a decent 1" micrometer from my machinist days.

I used the cheap calipers to measure the opening in the cap and the 810 adapters.

I just didn't measure a 510 tip before posting, going off memory. ;)

My point was there's a nominal size that 510 should be. Poor tolerance leads to out of spec parts, but there is a nominal size.

Yes, technically "510" is supposed to be a specific measurement, but once you've owned a few mods and atties and drip tips, you realize that 510 is actually really only somewhat a standardized specification to vape manufactures, not as specific as it should be. For mods, some 510s are deeper than others. For drip tips, some are fatter than others as well as deeper. Same goes for the 510 bore in the atties themselves.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocket City
    Yes, technically "510" is supposed to be a specific measurement, but once you've owned a few mods and atties and drip tips, you realize that 510 is actually really only somewhat a standardized specification to vape manufactures, not as specific as it should be. For mods, some 510s are deeper than others. For drip tips, some are fatter than others as well as deeper. Same goes for the 510 bore in the atties themselves.

I've got about 8 atties around the house. And at least one of them has an undersized hole and the DT it came with is too loose to use in the others.

I played with several back in '15-'16. Found something I really liked and and stuck with it.
    The gear game was never my thing. Same with mods. 2 each of 2 different mechanical squonkers, a tube and a Cloupor mini+ (to play with temperature control). Again, found a good combo and stuck with it. And being mechanical they haven't broken over the last 6 years. (I have spare parts and can make most parts if the need arises)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread