Sub ohm king?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Freemax mesh pro v.s. falcon king, which one produces better flavor?

This is an all too common question with no right or wrong answer. Flavour is very subjective - what is preferred by you, may not be preferred by someone else. Both are excellent Sub Ohm tanks, can’t go wrong with either. Dig a little further into the details of each. Perhaps one offers a wider range of coils for you to experiment with – this could mean one tank has more value to you than the other.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It depends which one the poster uses. I have the Freemax and think it's great for a drop in coil. Others love the Horizon. It's one of those good choice whichever way you go.

I have 2 mesh pros, one a resin, the other a red fake sorta carbon fiber look on aluminum. @TrollDragon I don't know if it's a specific model of the mesh pro, but both have been fine, reasonably tight on top for me, and not slide open. Maybe I've been lucky.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Mesh Pro can very easily slide open and drain in your pocket... Just something to keep in mind. ;)

When that happens I just vape the nicely saturated pocket lint so not so much of a loss. However, I do have a difficult time explaining the minty pineapple orange smelling wet spot in the front of my pants. :oops:

Larzmarz

May 19, 2019
Freemax mesh pro v.s. falcon king, which one produces better flavor?
Thank you for the replies, I have both tanks, I like the mesh pro way better but the slide top is a turn off for portability. The falcon is ok but I thought it would be more flavorful. I guess I could play around with the different falcon coil head options.

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2019
Gulf Coast, TX
I have both and like both, but I hafta to give the mesh pro a nod for flavor and clouds when it comes to using the M-dual horizon coil vs. the triple mesh Freemax coil. The Firelukes I didn't care for, had a weird taste to me. Almost metallic. The M-dual is a very good coil though, the performance is very close to the triple mesh, but I have heard the quad coil is where the Freemax really shines. I will definitely try it at some point. So, for flavor and clouds, the Freemax gets the nod. For overall coil options, the Falcon wins with more choices.

Build construction is equal between the two, but I gotta give the nod to the Falcon King for the locking fill top. Sliding tops are fine, but I find the Freemax one is way too easy to slide over and I have had the misfortune of having it leak a bit in my pocket. So nod there goes to the Falcon for the locking top. However, for drip tip design, the Freemax gets the nod because the drip tip fits better.

The size comparison is based on preference... The mesh pro has a bit larger tank, but the Falcon is more stream lined and lighter, whereas the Mesh pro is larger and heavier. I like both as they are, but I could see how the larger size of the mesh pro might be off putting to some, especially with larger mods (like myEDC Aegis Legend).

So all in all, I would say they score pretty equally. Whichever you like better comes down to preference because neither is necessary better than the other. Both are solid attys.

bubba106

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2018
I have both and like both, but I hafta to give the mesh pro a nod for flavor and clouds when it comes to using the M-dual horizon coil vs. the triple mesh Freemax coil. The Firelukes I didn't care for, had a weird taste to me. Almost metallic. The M-dual is a very good coil though, the performance is very close to the triple mesh, but I have heard the quad coil is where the Freemax really shines. I will definitely try it at some point. So, for flavor and clouds, the Freemax gets the nod. For overall coil options, the Falcon wins with more choices.

Build construction is equal between the two, but I gotta give the nod to the Falcon King for the locking fill top. Sliding tops are fine, but I find the Freemax one is way too easy to slide over and I have had the misfortune of having it leak a bit in my pocket. So nod there goes to the Falcon for the locking top. However, for drip tip design, the Freemax gets the nod because the drip tip fits better.

The size comparison is based on preference... The mesh pro has a bit larger tank, but the Falcon is more stream lined and lighter, whereas the Mesh pro is larger and heavier. I like both as they are, but I could see how the larger size of the mesh pro might be off putting to some, especially with larger mods (like myEDC Aegis Legend).

So all in all, I would say they score pretty equally. Whichever you like better comes down to preference because neither is necessary better than the other. Both are solid attys.
No the Freemax has more coil options, single mesh all the way up to quintuple mesh.

Reactions: Eskie

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2019
Gulf Coast, TX
No the Freemax has more coil options, single mesh all the way up to quintuple mesh.

I meant more in terms of what I can easily find... the Falcon coils I can find most of them (if I want to experiment) in a majority of my local shops. The Freemax ones I cannot find at all in quad coils or sextuple, only singles up to triple. Triple only being at one shop. I could of worded that better though, thanks for pointing it out.

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2019
Gulf Coast, TX
Ohh , I order everything online and can find pretty much any coil type I want. I tried to support my local shop at first but their markup is ridiculous. I know they have overhead, but Jesus.

Understandable... a lot of things I do order online. My shops do have some markup, but I don't feel like I'm getting totally robbed thankfully. I live in a rather vaporful area with a lot of people who vape and tons of shops (Houston area). So while I can save a few bucks ordering online, I do try to patronize my locals first and leave online as a last resort.

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread