Sub Ohm Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm new to ECF and don't know many people that vape in the real world. Been on and off vaping for a few years but now had enough of MTL and looking to go into proper sub Ohm vaping. Not looking to be doing 100 watts anytime soon though. Was thinking of getting the Voopoo Drag Mini and trying out the .6 coil with the uforce t2 to get me started but it's not tpd compatible. Any suggestions on a good mid wattage setup would be appreciated. Also anyone know if I change the glass on the uforce t2 will the p2 coils fit. Is it the same tank just with different glass basically?
Thanks in advance for advice.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi All,

I'm new to ECF and don't know many people that vape in the real world. Been on and off vaping for a few years but now had enough of MTL and looking to go into proper sub Ohm vaping. Not looking to be doing 100 watts anytime soon though. Was thinking of getting the Voopoo Drag Mini and trying out the .6 coil with the uforce t2 to get me started but it's not tpd compatible. Any suggestions on a good mid wattage setup would be appreciated. Also anyone know if I change the glass on the uforce t2 will the p2 coils fit. Is it the same tank just with different glass basically?
Thanks in advance for advice.
Hi,
What are you using now?
What is your budget?
Why not just buy a sub ohm tank to use with your current battery device?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What level of nicotine are you using?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,
What are you using now?
What is your budget?
Why not just buy a sub ohm tank to use with your current battery device?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What level of nicotine are you using?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I
Hey Izan,
Right now I only have a joyetech ego aio. The stick one with the built in tank. So I don't have a separate battery to attach a tank to. I need the whole setup.
I'm in Scotland. I was always and on and off smoker and am the same with vaping so it's hard to say how many per day. Since I started art school it was a fair few. That's why I started vaping again. I am using 3-6mg 50/50 juice at the moment.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey Izan,
Right now I only have a joyetech ego aio. The stick one with the built in tank. So I don't have a separate battery to attach a tank to. I need the whole setup.
I'm in Scotland. I was always and on and off smoker and am the same with vaping so it's hard to say how many per day. Since I started art school it was a fair few. That's why I started vaping again. I am using 3-6mg 50/50 juice at the moment.
Cheers!

Have a looky at this device.
Digiflavor Helix Starter Kit with Lumi Tank
You WILL need to buy removable batteries (two suggested) and an external charger (recommended).

Do you prefer an internal battery device?
Do you have a vape shop local to you?
Is the above device too large, too small, too tall? Is it overly simple? (limited adjustability?)

REVIEW OF KIT
HTH
I

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m not sure what is available to you, but I’d say go with a bigger mod than you think you need. You don’t have to use it at 100+ watts if you don’t want to, but it’s nice to have enough power to get you through the day.

I have plenty of 150-200 watt mods and I don’t think I’ve ever gone over 50.

Also, you’ll probably want to change your pg/vg to a little higher on the vg side, and maybe lower the nic.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm in Scotland.... I am using 3-6mg 50/50 juice at the moment.
There's a great mod that comes from Scotland that I recommend. It's called the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W and is only available from their website. It's pretty popular here on this forum. I liked mine so much I got a second one for backup. It is a 75 watt DNA mod that uses replaceable 18650 batteries. The latest upgraded model just came into stock.

I use the Samsung 18650 30Q 3000mAh 15A batteries in mine. I get nearly a days use with one battery at 30 watts. JAC Vapour sells it and the Samsung 25R 2500mAh 20 amp batteries on the website. The 25R would be a better choice if you think you'll vape over 45 watts.

hd-inr8650-3000mah-pink.jpg
hd-inr8650-2500mah-green.jpg

You'll need an external battery charger.
vc2v3-1024x1024_300x300.jpg

I'm using an older original Uwell Crown sub-ohm tank (0.5 ohm coil) on one JAC and a Geekvape Cerberus sub-ohm tank (0.2 ohm mesh coil) on the other JAC. There are plenty of other choices for a sub-ohm tank, but as the JAC is limited to 75 watts I'd make sure the coils used don't require more than 60 watts. Product specification page will tell you the recommended wattage range of the coils. Higher watts drains batteries faster.

dna-ss-handcheck-s1.jpg
sandstorm-dna-W1-300x200.jpg
rgvGWLL3sZu35UbY9yX6PXSnBBubv03aQg.png

Generally, we drop our nic concentration by half when we use sub-ohm.

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Alan'svapes, coils for the Uforce T2 tank should work wether the tank is TPD compliant or not.

FYI, TPD just limits tanks sold in the UK to 2ml or less capacity. And Nicotine containing liquids can only be sold in 10ml bottles, at a maximum level of 20mg/ml.

That's the two main points that really affect us in the UK.

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
There's a great mod that comes from Scotland that I recommend. It's called the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W and is only available from their website. It's pretty popular here on this forum. I liked mine so much I got a second one for backup. It is a 75 watt DNA mod that uses replaceable 18650 batteries. The latest upgraded model just came into stock.

I use the Samsung 18650 30Q 3000mAh 15A batteries in mine. I get nearly a days use with one battery at 30 watts. JAC Vapour sells it and the Samsung 25R 2500mAh 20 amp batteries on the website. The 25R would be a better choice if you think you'll vape over 45 watts.

I'm using an older original Uwell Crown sub-ohm tank (0.5 ohm coil) on one JAC and a Geekvape Cerberus sub-ohm tank (0.2 ohm mesh coil) on the other JAC. There are plenty of other choices for a sub-ohm tank, but as the JAC is limited to 75 watts I'd make sure the coils used don't require more than 60 watts. Product specification page will tell you the recommended wattage range of the coils. Higher watts drains batteries faster.

dna-ss-handcheck-s1.jpg

Cheers!

Have a looky at this device.
Digiflavor Helix Starter Kit with Lumi Tank
You WILL need to buy removable batteries (two suggested) and an external charger (recommended).

Do you prefer an internal battery device?
Do you have a vape shop local to you?
Is the above device too large, too small, too tall? Is it overly simple? (limited adjustability?)

REVIEW OF KIT
HTH
I
That kit looks interest but I think I'd rather go for something more advanced. I want to have more control and maybe try TC in the future. Also looks a little small. I have pretty big hands. I went today and had a look at the Voopoo drag mini and it felt too small for me. I wanted to avoid external batteries as it means getting a charger etc but I think it would be the better option long term. A dual battery mod would suit my hands and allow.me to go up to higher wattages in the future if I want.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
That kit looks interest but I think I'd rather go for something more advanced. I want to have more control and maybe try TC in the future. Also looks a little small. I have pretty big hands. I went today and had a look at the Voopoo drag mini and it felt too small for me. I wanted to avoid external batteries as it means getting a charger etc but I think it would be the better option long term. A dual battery mod would suit my hands and allow.me to go up to higher wattages in the future if I want.
Fair play...:thumbs::thumbs:
Have a look at these critters.
Jackaroo Kit | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead
Aegis Kit

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
I’m not sure what is available to you, but I’d say go with a bigger mod than you think you need. You don’t have to use it at 100+ watts if you don’t want to, but it’s nice to have enough power to get you through the day.

I have plenty of 150-200 watt mods and I don’t think I’ve ever gone over 50.

Also, you’ll probably want to change your pg/vg to a little higher on the vg side, and maybe lower the nic.
Aye, I tend to agree. A dual battery 150-200w mod would give me the most flexibility and last me longer. Aye, I'll go to 70/30 3mg probably. I feel like that will suit me. I can always drop the nic level later if it's too much.
Cheers

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
Hello @Alan'svapes, coils for the Uforce T2 tank should work wether the tank is TPD compliant or not.

FYI, TPD just limits tanks sold in the UK to 2ml or less capacity. And Nicotine containing liquids can only be sold in 10ml bottles, at a maximum level of 20mg/ml.

That's the two main points that really affect us in the UK.
Aye, that's what I thought. That's why it surprised me when it said on the Voopoo website that the p2 coil want compatible with the TPD tank. I'm guessing they just can't supply it with the kit as it would be breaking the TPD rules.

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019

dna-ss-handcheck-s1.jpg

I like the look of the JAC Vapour elecialles the fact that it has a DNA chip in it for that price but I still think it's a bit more than I want to spend as if still have to buy batteries and a charger. I'll keep it in mind though.
Cheers

Reactions: Baditude

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
The Aegis is a good beginner mod, and the leather is fake leather not real. I have two different Aegis and both have the fake leather. The new Aegis Solo Kit is a great single 18650 mod for a beginner, the tank it come with is "Baby Beast" coil compatible so that means many different brands will fit. For tanks I would recommend you find out what coils your local vape shops carry. No point in getting a tank and then not being able to get coils when needed.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Alan'svapes, with the Jackaroo you would need an external charger that can charge 21700 batteries. As unfortunately or fortunately it has no onboard charging, but it does have a hidden micro USB port for upgrading the mod.

Vsticking VK530 is an interesting mod, uses a high end chipset made by YiHi. And TC on YiHi chipset is good.
CigaBuy

And if you want some really wild ideas, have you heard anything much about Squonk mods and Squonking?

It's where you use an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser) with a BF Squonk pin and a Squonk mod with a liquid feed bottle and some plumbing to force liquid up through the 510 connector and the BF pin and into the RDA.

As coiling and wicking an RDA is much easier and forgiving than an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser).

Two of the most interesting mods on the market there are the Lost Vape Drone Evolv DNA250C (has a leaking issue that you can fix easily) and the Dovpo Topside Carbon with undisclosed YiHi chipset (still waiting for retail release, as it's just being shown off at expos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread