The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sub ohm question.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by H4X0R, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. H4X0R

H4X0R Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Is it normal for a mod battery to get a bit warm? It's not super hot, but a little warm. Is that normal for sub ohm?

2. Paul lamb

Paul lamb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    Yes

But

What part of the mod? Did you check batteries are ok?

I find the RX gets hot but dna version don't

Please give more details

• Like Like x 1
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    A battery shouldn't really get Warm. A Definitely Not Hot.

But is it the Battery that is Getting Warm? Or the Mod getting warm from the Atomizer?

What is your Setup?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paul lamb

Paul lamb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    Exactly the heat usually comes from big powered coils and filters to the mod

The rx gets warm on the screen if that's the mod you have?

Please tell us more

• Like Like x 1
  5. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Your question is short on details. Batteries have temperature ratings. If the battery goes higher you are risking a problem. Regulated mods should have a safety feature that refuses to allow the device to fire if the temp inside the mod is above some limit. If you are asking about a mechanical mod may be you don't have enough understanding of the issues involved with those to be using them. Most of the accidents that start when the fire button is pressed involve mech mods. I don't use them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Suppose your right, I skipped a lot of important details lol my mod is a Tesla Two Sub Mod, it's like a mechanical mod but with some safety features that a regulated mod would have. I got a Uwell Crown today, fired up a dual 0.25 ohm coil and noticed the battery got a little bit warm in the middle. Just a tad bit warm, not hot by any means. The tank does get a bit warm. I switched the coil to a dual 0.5 and it seems to do better with temperature. I wonder if it's normal for a mod to get a bit warm. Like I said, I wouldn't say it was hot, just slightly warm. Thank you for responding! Let me know if you need more details!

7. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Also, thanks everyone! Yea, a Uwell Crown with a Tesla Two Sub Mod.

8. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

the more power you draw from a battery the warmer it is likely to get.

• Like Like x 1
  9. H4X0R

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Cool! So I'm probably gonna just go with the 0.5 ohm coils. The 0.25 get very warm and they're too powerful for me personally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    I would suppose that one would get a bit warm if pushed a bit. Warm is unavoidable as you are using power to create heat. HOT, where its getting to hot to hold, uncomfortable, not good.
    I alternate my mechs when they get a little to warm for me. Before they get to the point they are uncomfortable to hold.

11. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.