Sub ohm question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Is it normal for a mod battery to get a bit warm? It's not super hot, but a little warm. Is that normal for sub ohm?
Your question is short on details. Batteries have temperature ratings. If the battery goes higher you are risking a problem. Regulated mods should have a safety feature that refuses to allow the device to fire if the temp inside the mod is above some limit. If you are asking about a mechanical mod may be you don't have enough understanding of the issues involved with those to be using them. Most of the accidents that start when the fire button is pressed involve mech mods. I don't use them.

Reactions: H4X0R

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Your question is short on details. Batteries have temperature ratings. If the battery goes higher you are risking a problem. Regulated mods should have a safety feature that refuses to allow the device to fire if the temp inside the mod is above some limit. If you are asking about a mechanical mod may be you don't have enough understanding of the issues involved with those to be using them. Most of the accidents that start when the fire button is pressed involve mech mods. I don't use them.
Suppose your right, I skipped a lot of important details lol my mod is a Tesla Two Sub Mod, it's like a mechanical mod but with some safety features that a regulated mod would have. I got a Uwell Crown today, fired up a dual 0.25 ohm coil and noticed the battery got a little bit warm in the middle. Just a tad bit warm, not hot by any means. The tank does get a bit warm. I switched the coil to a dual 0.5 and it seems to do better with temperature. I wonder if it's normal for a mod to get a bit warm. Like I said, I wouldn't say it was hot, just slightly warm. Thank you for responding! Let me know if you need more details!

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I would suppose that one would get a bit warm if pushed a bit. Warm is unavoidable as you are using power to create heat. HOT, where its getting to hot to hold, uncomfortable, not good.
I alternate my mechs when they get a little to warm for me. Before they get to the point they are uncomfortable to hold.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread