• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Suffering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Been going thru a trial lately and found comfort in this -

2 Corinthians 4:17–18, “This light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”

Amazing how quickly I found an answer. I'm sitting here thinking about all the time that I waste getting humble enough. I don't feel right oftentimes asking or receiving help. Seems that in this case and many others that it's not a matter of Getting Help but Refocusing.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    I've also been going through some battles and have to remind myself of that verse from time to time.

Another one I like to remember is

2 Kings 6:16, "And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

May God comfort and strengthen you as He brings you through this trial. Ephesians 3:16

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    Thankfully, God is patient with us.

As long time Christian myself, I'm amazed that He never gave up on me. Been through many hard knocks in life. Most, self inflicted. No matter how far I run from Him, as soon as I turn around He's right there waiting for me with open arms.

I've spent most of my life trying to escape from the pain (we each have our own), in many different unhealthy, unholy ways. When the pain and battles became so great that the "escapes" no longer worked, I finally turned back to God in earnest.

The pain is still there but it's different now, and much less than before because my Father comforts me.

The battles are also still there but again, they are different now. Instead of rolling over and allowing myself to get beat up, I'm now fighting with the armor of God. My shield and breastplate have some good sized dents in them, but I'm still standing.

I've also realized that even though the afflictions are light and momentary, it doesn't mean they don't hurt. One of the lines in a Christian song (from many years ago) said "Tears are a language God understands".

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Rick, welcome to the board! Our arms are opened wide!

777, you know what I've been dealing with as I never kept myself silent. I am so very sorry you are having a bad time. I'm dealing with the Holidays alone. It's the first time in my life, but Jesus will get me through, but the memories keep flooding back. 777, what can I do to help you?

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Took me a while to figure out what Ty meant. I tell people that I'm "old school, old fashioned and just plain old". ;)

You're welcome.

Rick, you aren't alone! There are still computer lingo things that I haven't learned yet. I too am 'old school, old fashioned and just plain old,' but my spirit is young! Age is a number, but youth is an attitude! Don't forget that one. My mom used to say that she was young on the inside and she was in her 80's. My daddy, man I miss him :wub:, used to say that if you don't have fun in your life, you're just wasting it. He was 95 1/2 years old when he died and he had fun everyday of it!!!! :)

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    777, be sure to eat well, even if you don't feel like it and try to get good sleep. Suffering, whether it's in your body or worrying about things, takes energy and will wear your energy level down. Those two things will help....I know from where I speak. PM me if you want. I'll do everything in God's power through me, to help you. I've got A LOT of experience.:2c:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread