Status
Not open for further replies.

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas
Hello ECF,

It's been quite some time since I posted here. I "Fell off the wagon" some time back, and am ready to get serious about vaping again. I believe what turned me away was a combination of not being able to find a solid all day juice I really liked after losing the pipeline to the diy juice I was hooked on, and the fact that my devices just weren't performing all that great.

With that said, I would like some suggestions on what mod I should consider.

The two that interested me most were the Prodigy V2 and the Megalodon, both of which seem to be unavailable currently. So here is what I am looking for...

Something with a bottom mounted lockable switch is important to me. At the very least, it needs to have a lockable switch. I can't have it firing in my pocket at work.

I think that I need a 5v device. I would be interested in something Variable Voltage, providing it doesn't have a stupid looking led display, or cost $200.00.

I can certainly spend $100.00 give or take, as I'll Also need to spend more on batteries and such..

Lets leave it at that and see what you all come up with. Looking forward to your suggestions, and thanks in advance for the help!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
You've got a very popular set of requirements. There might be a VV mod out there with a lockable bottom button but, I don't know of one. You could get a 18650 mod and a kick and sort of get there. I was going to recommend the PrecisePlus at Super-T but, they are out of stock too. You might want to look and see if you like them though.

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
You will love the don , is a solid piece and gives you plenty of options plus its looks fantastic ! The problem is to get one other than the classifieds....

The legacy by puressmokers looks really good too and solid but i havent heard much about it.

If you want ti take your chances GG P&P is coming very soon , it will be sold with the penelope rebuildable atomizer plus the proteus will be a VV device in a small package ; GGs have been prove in time to be solid devices so cant get much better than that plus you get a chance to feel the rebuildables in first class way :) if im correct it can also work as carto/atty tank.

But for a cheap good 510 thread device there always bee the silverbullet ; just look around and dont be put off by looks sometimes things look strange infront of a screen but in hand turns out different same with sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
You've got a very popular set of requirements. There might be a VV mod out there with a lockable bottom button but, I don't know of one. You could get a 18650 mod and a kick and sort of get there. I was going to recommend the PrecisePlus at Super-T but, they are out of stock too. You might want to look and see if you like them though.

I would of sugessted a Precise P+18 with a kick ( I own one) but its out of his price range anyway...
Now since you dont like the LED screens a Provari wouldnt work either.. I use to feel the same way about the LED screen, that was until I got my Provari... The Provari performs so well that you will forget about the screen... Now I know its more than you want to pay, but quality comes at a price.....

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas
Thanks for the advice youall.. I spent a bunch of cash yesterday/today, so I'm tapped for the moment. I went ahead and got a Saber Touch VV with the high power option. Seems like this mod will not go off in my pocket, so I'll start there.. I also picked up an Ego twist for a backup. Of course I also have my old Tornado(ego), so hopefully I'll be set for a bit.

My biggest problem has always been finding that "Just Right" all day juice.. I had a source on the PIF group here a year or so back that I was getting this really rad Blackberry Brandy DIY stuff. That was really a solid all day for me, but that source left the forums. I am about to get back off the analogs and start really searching for some great flavors that will keep me satisfied.

So, have any new juice suppliers surfaced in the last year who have really jumped into the lead? I just ordered a ....-load of juices from a few of the suppliers I'm familiar with, but I'd like to know about some newer players if you have any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread