Summarizing this vaping year

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The whole Juul teen madness thing. It was entertaining in this train wreck kind of way. I'm sure I will be hearing more. Etc.

Not really vaping but discovering snus for work will work. I work at a pediatric clinic funded by Federal dollars, they are pretty sure vaping is the devil there, like worse than cigs.

I keep my opinions and my vaping to myself.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Public perception has changed this year somewhat. And for the better in some ways as more and more people are seen toking on a small vape pen at red lights, outside the shopping mall and at cocktail parties where cigar smokers stink up the place. It is not unusual to spot vape devices anymore.

Now what will probably never change to a positive view by the public is the vaper who sucks in for 4.5 seconds and expels a cloud they disappear behind. Hell, I vape and think "man that must hurt".....

Outside the office where the stone faced 9-5'rs smoking their Marlboros are like "dude... what's with all the steam in my face?"...

It's like when bmx stunt riders and skateboarders clashed over skatepark territory in the 90's only it's vapers vs smokers.

Vaping is slowly replacing cigarettes in the US. On my construction project where most employees live fairly self destructive lives the number of vapers far exceeds the number of smokers. Like 3:1. The ones who use picks and shovels typically have 2xAA sized pens that look like flashlights. The jumbo belly'd loader operators tend to use the cloud monsters. Yet as a rule, smokers are few on a site with literally hundreds of workers.

I see that as a positive change in 2018.

Pleasant_Bad

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
This is the year I quit smoking thanks to vaping. That's remarkable to me.
Congratulations on your start of the vaping journey! Proud of you!

Altria buying into juul.
yeah, it was an unexpected news for me

What the Government is doing in South Australia to the vaping industry has me really intrigued. They're doing this all wrong. I'm Canadian so it doesn't impact me, but we should all take notice.
by the way i like the direction where the Canadian Gov is moving to, it seems to me it should be better with the vaping legislation in Canada soon

Every one loves replay now.
i'm sure nothing changes the next yr...

Refillable pod systems have gotten pretty good.
it was madness of 2018, i would say

Had my last cigarette on May 11 of this year after 40+ years of smoking and 9 months of dual using.
Happy that you did this! you are a great positive example for those who are on their way to quit

Significant event for me was finding Pop Clouds Cherry ejuice and find adding a little of it to a lot of my favorite vape (Juice Mafia Toro Blue) made it even better.
Have to try it

The sensible path Canadian governments have for the most part taken towards vaping. I was worried they would follow the US.
i was thinking about it as well, hope they will continue to be open-minded

The whole Juul teen madness thing. It was entertaining in this train wreck kind of way. I'm sure I will be hearing more. Etc.

Not really vaping but discovering snus for work will work. I work at a pediatric clinic funded by Federal dollars, they are pretty sure vaping is the devil there, like worse than cigs.

I keep my opinions and my vaping to myself.

Anna

Never tried snus, some of them are banned here, in the UK, as i know.
It's a strange and sad think that people working in medicine have such an attitude to vaping. It's very hard to fight with lack of information and stereotypes

Pleasant_Bad

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
I'd love to see how the big anti-vaping campaign will change in 2019 since more and more big (tobaco) players are investing in vaping companies.
conflict of interests can always change the situation, but i hope for positive changes, of course

Pleasant_Bad

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
Public perception has changed this year somewhat. And for the better in some ways as more and more people are seen toking on a small vape pen at red lights, outside the shopping mall and at cocktail parties where cigar smokers stink up the place. It is not unusual to spot vape devices anymore.

Now what will probably never change to a positive view by the public is the vaper who sucks in for 4.5 seconds and expels a cloud they disappear behind. Hell, I vape and think "man that must hurt".....

Outside the office where the stone faced 9-5'rs smoking their Marlboros are like "dude... what's with all the steam in my face?"...

It's like when bmx stunt riders and skateboarders clashed over skatepark territory in the 90's only it's vapers vs smokers.

Vaping is slowly replacing cigarettes in the US. On my construction project where most employees live fairly self destructive lives the number of vapers far exceeds the number of smokers. Like 3:1. The ones who use picks and shovels typically have 2xAA sized pens that look like flashlights. The jumbo belly'd loader operators tend to use the cloud monsters. Yet as a rule, smokers are few on a site with literally hundreds of workers.

I see that as a positive change in 2018.
There are many people vaping in the UK but i don't always observe the changes in a rush. it's a pleasure to imagine and to know all the positive things you've described in your comment. hope the good tendencies will keep gathering momentum in 2019

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread