• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Suncoast Vapers Meet -Saturday, Jan. 21st (SW FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchblade

Jan 23, 2012
Florida
Well, I spent alot of time debating. I dident want to spend hundreds right off the bat. I also did not want to get an over-marketed POS, like a Blu or V2. So I ended up settling on the Joye eGo-T with the XL 1100mHa battery.

So far, well to be honest, I don't know. The vape is much more harsh than I expected. It's a peppery irritation in the back of my through. If I hold the vape in my mouth, no irritation, its only in the throat when I do a normal pull. The thing is, I don't know if this is just an under-performing unit, or if this feeling is the "throat hit" thing that everyone talks about. It does seem like it from some descriptions I've read. But in my thread I started, everyone seems to just say it is under performing, and I am getting harsh\dry hits.

I guess have nothing to compare it to, so it's hard to tell. I also don't want to go spending money on some Boge cartos only to find the same thing and come to the conclusion that I dont like vaping.

I want to make the switch, but this is making it difficult.

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
vaping has a learning curve, we all seem to go thru it ... a bad or under performing pv makes you wonder wth everyone is raving about, doesn't it ? ... and there are so many pv's to look at and find reviews, I know it is difficult ... I went thru the Joye phase, altho I never used an ego-T ... maybe someone else will address that specific pv

I do enjoy variable volt mods, wish I had gotten one sooner ... adjusting the voltage from approximately 3.0v all the way up to 6.0v and even beyond allows you to find the best taste, warm or cool vapor, and is just a more efficient way to find your sweet spot, best way to vape, imo ... some vv mods give a very consistent vape, right down to just before your battery dies ... not many pv's do this, I know the Joye batts don't, I've used plenty of Joye big bats, 900, 1,000 mah, tho not the 1100 you have

you might want to look at these variable volt mods : from notcigs.com , Infinity Pro, this is what I have and it performs absolutely great, about $120 with charger and batts ... they also sell the Buzz Pro, smaller, fatter, but a bit more expensive, altho it has basically the same innards ... the thing about notcigs is, their mods have a lot of built in protection against battery issues, they were actually one of the first to build a mod with all the circuitry protection it has ... and the support is excellent ... the owner is constantly online on their forum, and his turn around repair time is excellent as well, rarely needed tho, one of the best vv mods, imo

there is also the new Lavatube, a friend has one and is very happy, volt range between 3 and 7, excellent performance, or so I've read and my friend loves it, altho it is Chinese and not sure how repair would go if he ever needed it, about $80

prices go up from here, Provari, excellent, but around $200, iirc ... search the variable volt mods, check the prices, options you may not need, etc ... to shorten your learning curve, consider variable volt for your next mod, it will save you money, time, hassle and frustration ... keep posting questions, let us know how it goes, and best luck switchblade

EDIT: I shoulda read your other post first, Virgin Vapors is excellent, very flavorful and easy on the throat, no irritation as you describe due to the very tasty, all organic 100% vg, and it is very thin so should be no wicking problems ... I think your overall dissatisfaction is mostly due to your hardware, and possibly your juice, but just my opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread