Super Cape Kit - Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Super Cape Kit from Vaptio. The Super Cape Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Bear from Vaptio.

Super Cape Kit

Introduction

Vaptio are back with their fourth mod in the Super Hero range and the Super Cape features the same user interface as both the Capt'n and Super Bat Mods with the same 220W maximum wattage. The latest of the hero mods has back LED's with customisation, magazine style battery compartment and it goes back to employing a side fire bar. Paired with the Paragon sub-ohm tank which comes supplied with mesh coils it's certainly worth a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 X SUPER CAPE Mod(no cells)
1 X Paragon Tank
1 X Paragon Coil (Mesh, 0.2Ω)
1 X Paragon Coil (Strip, 0.15Ω)
1 X USB Cable
1 X Spare Glass
2 X User Manual
1 X Warranty Card
1 X Battery Safety Card
1 X Spare Parts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Super Cape kit comes in the usual Vaptio cardboard packaging with sleeve which takes away any suspicions that the Super Hero devices are aimed at youngsters, they are not but adults with a youthful sense of fun. On opening i was met by a large dual battery device but once handling became very aware of the curves and fire bar making it a very comfortable device to both hold and fire. I received the Red Blue version, it's also available in Red Yellow and Black, while both the Red Blue and Red Yellow versions come with Carbon fiber effect side panels the Black version comes with side panels which have felon artwork. The Super Cape is made using In Mould Labelling (IML) a kind of moulded printing technique and has a gradient spray paint finish. The front of the device at the top has a section that comes down like a "V" and the bottom of this "V" houses the "V" shaped navigational rocker, above this is a large triangular button which is the battery magazine release mechanism. Below the navigational rocker we have a Black translucent panel which houses the large colour screen followed by the micro USB port. The back of the device has a line of White translucent cutouts and above a triangular translucent section all of which is to allow LED lights to shine through while adding aesthetic effect even when turned off. The side panels on mine are Carbon Fiber effect and one is the fire bar while the other is fixed and has "SUPER CAPE" printed. The base of the device has printed safety stamps and branding as well as venting, moving to the top we have a 510 plate on a raised platform with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Super Cape as usual for a Vaptio device is very well made and seems very durable.

Paragon Specs and Features:

Size: 25x49mm
Capacity: 8ml (standard) or 2ml (EU Version)
Uses Paragon Strip/Mesh coils
Coil: PARAGON coil (Mesh, DL, 0.2ohm, 40-90W/best 60-80W)
PARAGON coil (Strip, DL, 0.15ohm, 40-100W/best 80-90W)
Easy top refill and adjustable bottom airflow design
Thread: 510
Colours: Red, Golden, Blue, Pink, Rainbow, Green, Black

Paragon Overview

The Paragon tank is a nice looking and very well machined sub-ohm tank that with the Bubble glass (standard version) as an impressive 8ml capacity, the EU version of course comes fitted with a 2ml glass and the kit also includes a 4ml straight glass. The Paragon has dual cyclops with stopper and gives a ton of air, you get 2 coils included which are a pre-installed 0.2ohm mesh coil and a 0.15ohm strip coil. The mesh coil is rated between 40w and 90w with a best between 60w and 80w, the strip coil is rated between 40w and 100w with a best between 80w and 90w. I used the mesh coil while using the Paragon on the Super Cape as i just am loving the sub-ohm mesh coils that are coming out with tanks of late, i have used strip coils a few times and i find they match the mesh for flavour but the vape is too warm for me. I can get the same flavour, but cooler vape at 20w lower with a mesh coil compared to strip coils (at least that has been my experience). The Paragon is top-fill via the top-cap unscrewing from the tank (very good threading), once off 2 large filling ports are revealed. The filling ports have a silicone membrane that keeps the tank sealed so to fill you have to push the nozzle of your bottle past the membrane, displacing it, once filled and you have removed your nozzle the membrane reseals the tank. The membrane doesn't just add an extra seal but means the inside of the tank is barely exposed to the air during filling helping with the vacuum and preventing the leaking you can get after filling. The only con for me with the Paragon is that it comes with a proprietary drip tip so you have to use the one that comes with the tank, luckily it is comfortable so not a major issue.

Super Cape Specs and Features

Size: 93.7x52x34.5mm
Battery: 2×18650 (not included)
Output: 220W max
Resistance range: 0.1-5ohm
Modes: VW/TC/Smart/CCW/CCT/Bypass
Display: 1.3in HD colour TFT
Leakproof 510 connection
Pop out battery compartment
Quick charge system
LED backlights
Quick fire – 0.005s
Gradient spray painted In Mould Labelling body style
Firmware upgradeable
Thread: 510
Colour: Red Blue, Red Yellow, Black

Installing The Batteries

The Super Cape runs off dual 18650 batteries and are fitted magazine style into the device. On the front of the Super Cape towards the top their is a large triangular button which when pressed releases the battery magazine that slides out the bottom of the device. Inside the 2 tubes of the magazine orientation is clearly marked so your 2 batteries just need placing into the magazine following the correct orientation. Then simply slide the battery magazine back into the device until it clicks secure, their is no battery rattle whatsoever although using the hand slight sidewards movement of the protruding bottom of the magazine which i didn't find an issue, it's very slight. Very impressed how this system has been implemented and how smoothly it works with my only concern being durability so i drove myself bored senseless by spending an entire hour ejecting and securing the magazine. After an hour of approx 400 ejects the system is still working as new so very satisfied about the durability.

Using the Super Cape

The device is the normal 5 clicks on and off and the device loads up extremely quickly i also find the scrolling spot on when setting wattage or temperature, not too slow or too fast, just right. The display seems bright like on the capt'n rather than the duller Super Bat display, but still no brightness adjustment option. All the normal information you would expect is displayed on the screen which is set out very nicely and in my opinion Vaptio have done a good job with the display on the main screen and throughout the menu system, i particularly like when navigating the feature available for selection appears to have a back-light. To enter the menu is 3 clicks of the fire button and when in the menu system navigation is done using the - and + rocker and fire selects. The menu screen brings up 4 options which are, Mode, Settings, Theme and back, selecting Theme gives you the choice of 2 different themes which are really just a change in the main colour used in the display. Selecting Mode brings up the following options, Smart (pre-heat options), VW, TC (this gives the options SS, NI, Ti, NiCr, M1, M2 and M3), CCW, CCT and bypass. Selecting Settings brings up a number of options which are, system settings (gives you system info and the option to restore the device), mode setting (this brings up TC, which allows you to choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit and enter TCR values and it also brings up CCW and CCT which allows you to set custom curves), vape time, sleep time, selecting this allows you to set different settings for turning off the screen and device, puff manager, LED setting (i will cover this in the next section), it has a language section but only allows English to be selected..The menu system is user friendly helped by having on each screen both a back and home option you can select. The navigational rocker while being a nice size barely protrudes and takes a decent amount of pressure to activate so the device shouldn't alter wattage or settings by accident but the buttons can be locked and unlocked by pressing the - and + sections of the rocker together, when locked the device will not fire.

LED Settings

The Super Cape has some rather impressive looking LED lighting on the back of the device that allows for customisation. When selecting the LED's in the settings it gives 2 options. The first option is LED Colour which allows you to choose between Red, Orange, Blue, Purple, Green or White, the other option is LED Mode. LED Mode gives you the options of always on, breathing effect, only coming on when taking a puff, changing colour with each puff and multicoloured options, and for those that don't care for LED's it also includes the option of totally turning then off.

My Experience Using the Super Cape Kit

I will start by stating i do not use temp control and have no equipment to get factual data so simply review a product as a personal experience. I like this device a lot, it feels great in the hand, looks good and most importantly in my opinion performs superbly. It fires instantly with no noticeable ramp up time and the fire bar just needs squeezing and is nice and clicky. I love using the curves on the device and navigating the menu is easy, just a good all-round device. As for whether the device does the full claimed 220w i have no idea but Vaptio high powered devices tend to fair better than most so my guess is it will get close but if it's important to you my advice would be check out a tech review with the charts. I used the Paragon tank as well as a couple of others, when using the Vapefly Galaxies RTA at 15w the device was impressively silent. I used the pre-installed 0.2ohm Mesh coil head at 70w with the Paragon and as would be expected from a mesh coil it gave a vape full of flavour and more than it's fair share of cloud. The Paragon gives a ton of air, with most sub-ohm tanks i have the airflow halfway but with the Paragon i only had it about 30% open for the same vape. Because the 510 plate is raised on a platform the full 34.5 depth of this device can't be taken full advantage of but still 28mm look great and even 30mm won't come close to actually overhanging the device. Vaptio products always seem efficient and certainly battery life i found to be slightly better than the average dual 18650 device. The Super Cape supports 2A charging (i would only charge batteries inside the device if it was your only option) and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Pros

Made well
Durable
Aesthetically pleasing
High powered
Magazine battery instalment
Dual battery
Easy to use Menu
Aesthetically pleasing display
Large Screen
Both Wattage and Temp curves
Temp control (not tested)
Paragon tank aesthetically pleasing and well made
Mesh coil very good flavour and cloud
8ml capacity (standard edition)
Strip coil included
Fire bar
Fired Instantly
Back LED's (pro for some, if not just turn them off)
Ergonomic
Good battery life
2A charging
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Large dual 18650 device
Heroes Theme will not be liked by everyone
Proprietary drip tip
Very slight movement (with hand, not free movement) with bottom of magazine

I would once again like to thank Bear from Vaptio for supplying the Super Cape Kit for the purpose of this review.

Super Cape Kit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread