• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Super LOCAL source for 'important' DIY liquid - Burn Intense

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Oh? How do you know?

I've watched the Korean news on TV and saw all the confiscations while the news anchor interviews a Customs Official regarding the dramatic increase in e-cigarette parafanalia being illegally shipped in from abroad. And now that cigarette prices have increased, Customs knows that more people are going to convert over the E-Cigarettes and buy nicotine online.

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
I placed an order for 120ml nic. liquid from them, and received it promptly.

Seemed great... but I was a little concerned with the silted English (WARNING: If contacted, flush skin....) and misspellings (assorbed, vomitting, attenticn), so I contacted the manufacturer, My Freedom Smokes.
Also, the bottle was labeled 125ml... 5ml seo-bi-seu? What?

Long story short: at best they are buying freebase nicotine from MFS, diluting it themselves, and passing it off as coming directly from the MFS factory. copyright, infringement, for sure, but also, who knows what their quality control is.

MFS also said they bought that batch of freebase nic a while ago, and if they are selling any kind of volume, it should have been gone a while ago.

So worst case, burnintense.org is selling mystery liquid and calling it 20% nicotine 80% PG.

so please, fellow Kvapors, be careful!

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
MFS sells in 125 mL batches (as opposed to 120 mL). Probably a bit of sloppiness on Burn Intense's part w/r/t their website. And while their bottles/labels are different from MFS (at least, after having glanced at MFS's website), their nicotine is technically from MFS,

Branding concerns aside, I am interested in the "worst case" scenario you proposed. From your research, how much nic did they buy (vol. + conc.) and when?
==
I've also noticed that BI's listed office is located in Cali. A quick Google Earth search shows little in that location, at least on the correct side of the street. (There is a slightly obscured building which hypothetically could be their office. Doubtful) Sneaky.While that's obviously not their "main office," I'm guessing that they might perhaps buy their nicotine under a different name and skirt "official" shipping routes? A thought. (I mean, their business, by nature given the shipping laws here, is relatively clandestine)

(**All speculation, but) If this is the case, bulk PG and nicotine's cheap enough. They'd make a killing without tarnishing the liquid with mystery chemical (esp given the markup). Plus, (and this part's wildly speculative) they'd probably not be in business long if that were the case. They're probably supplying the B&Ms (I mean, they probably wouldn't have much business supplying only DIYers here. Plus, has ANYONE heard of another nicotine vendor in Korea?) as well as the smattering of DIYers here, I'd guess. If they were cutting their product with something dodgy, a complaint might result in criminal charges (or at the very least, one less buyer, which would mess with business). Given the state of APVs and related products here, the gov't/media would probably be all-too-pleased with catching poison peddlers. And even if the gov't didn't follow up in this hypothetical scenario, the risk of prosecution & suit (vs a fine) in the vendors' mind probably would outweigh the relatively minimal gain in profit if they were to cut their product with Chemical X. (Again, completely speculative)

Also, another poster did mention a tobacco note to their product, but others who bought from MFS directly have also said the same (although direct buyers have a guarantee). All to say, atm, I'm inclined to trust their product given their prices and the "scene" here. But then, I haven't actually bought from them yet (really new to vaping. Put a slight dent to the 90mLs of the e-juice I have, so I'm good for a little bit...) So, if anyone who's bought from BI and has some experience w/ nicotine from "trusted" vendors wants to chime in, please do so.

And thanks for sharing the info. I'm looking to go the DIY route and trying to avoid being burned. (umm, no pun intended)

Last edited:

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
here's the direct quote from the email MFS sent me,
I’m still waiting to hear back from them. I was able to confirm through a coworker that they did order freebase nic from us quite a while back. Hard to believe they are still using that same batch, especially if they are a low cost online supplier for the area. Regardless, what they are selling is diluted strengths of what they purchased from us. While we don’t mind them doing so, we do mind that they are selling it as if they are simply distributing our product when in fact they are mixing up their own batches with what may or may not be the nicotine that they purchased from us.

I have other nicotine that I'm using now, so the 120~125ml bottle I bought from burnintense will remain in cold storage until I can source testing material (if anyone knows how to cheaply get bromothymol blue and .12n sulfuric acid, let me know)

its also important to note, MFS does not offer 125ml bottles of anything stronger than 100mg nic. So the bottle is fake for sure. I am very interested to test this stuff and see how pure it is.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I have a strange feeling that this illegal site, which only accepts direct bank deposit payments, is being withdrawn by a Korean American living in the States, as they know the crack-down will eventually happen but nothing will happen to them.

Meanwhile, his friends or gang associates are dealing the stuff within Korea with no record of their bank accounts or names.

Smells of scam/crap nic to me...

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Oh- I'm 100% sure that their bottles are all fake. I mean, the bottles they sell vs the one listed on MFS's site are completely different and I doubt it'd be profitable (ie worth their time) for them to buy/resell bottles of 100mg/mL, etc. nic. The marketing (ie labeling) is probably ...for, well, marketing purposes. And while it- the ethical thing- is ...iffy (labeling their product as MFS direct instead of a mix), it is kinda endemic here. eg. Kenny Roger's Norebang (which I'm sure isn't approved one bit by the man)
kenny.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure that something like Pocariboy's scenario is the case, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their nic is crap. Maybe I'm biasing myself in that I really want there to be a local nic supplier (and avoid the import nic tax), but given the ingredients' list (freebase nic & pg) and ease of mixing (basically, add in appropriate amts [basic math, transfer pipettes which are really cheap] & shake), I don't see a huge potential for a scam or crap nic. Legality questionable? Definitely.

But yeah, if you get to testing it, please let us know since I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. (And no clue where to obtain those here, otherwise I'd test it myself)

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Oh- I'm 100% sure that their bottles are all fake. I mean, the bottles they sell vs the one listed on MFS's site are completely different and I doubt it'd be profitable (ie worth their time) for them to buy/resell bottles of 100mg/mL, etc. nic. The marketing (ie labeling) is probably ...for, well, marketing purposes. And while it- the ethical thing- is ...iffy (labeling their product as MFS direct instead of a mix), it is kinda endemic here. eg. Kenny Roger's Norebang (which I'm sure isn't approved one bit by the man)
View attachment 406828

Also, I'm pretty sure that something like Pocariboy's scenario is the case, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their nic is crap. Maybe I'm biasing myself in that I really want there to be a local nic supplier (and avoid the import nic tax), but given the ingredients' list (freebase nic & pg) and ease of mixing (basically, add in appropriate amts [basic math, transfer pipettes which are really cheap] & shake), I don't see a huge potential for a scam or crap nic. Legality questionable? Definitely.

But yeah, if you get to testing it, please let us know since I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. (And no clue where to obtain those here, otherwise I'd test it myself)

By "crap", sorry wrong choice of words, it might be mixed with some chemical which is potentially much more dangerous for your health than nicotine. Ethnically speaking, these kinds of outfits have none. Just $$$.

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
yeah, if they're willing to brazenly counterfeit, why not quadruple their profit by selling 50mg nic labled as 200mg?

They seem like a fly by night type of operation that isn't interested in customer loyalty.

Damn it because I too wanted a local source of easy to obtain nic.

But even with the customs b.s., it's still a lot cheaper to import nic than pay the ridiculous prices B&M's here are charging. Hopefully competition will bring prices down in time.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
yeah, if they're willing to brazenly counterfeit, why not quadruple their profit by selling 50mg nic labled as 200mg?

They seem like a fly by night type of operation that isn't interested in customer loyalty.

Damn it because I too wanted a local source of easy to obtain nic.

But even with the customs b.s., it's still a lot cheaper to import nic than pay the ridiculous prices B&M's here are charging. Hopefully competition will bring prices down in time.

I know one active member on this Korean Forum swears by the quality of this unscrupulous company's nicotine and has been using it for years.

I wonder what that member thinks about it now?

The silence is deafening..... Lol

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
1) all our nicotine is extracted from cured tobacco.
2) 90% of all the base nicotine in the USA, if not the world, comes from Chinese BioTech firms.

I have been using Burn Intense nicotine for about a year and have suffered no ill effects.

I trust no one so I actually use a test kit on my nicotine. Because I test my nicotine I could care less what label goes on the bottle. Having MFS on their labels was never actually a selling point for me. Honestly I couldn't tell you if one vendor's nicotine tastes better than another since I vape at very low nicotine levels (3mg/ml). And it's a moot point for me since basically all nicotine base originates out of China. Not to mention that Burn Intense is only one of a few in-country suppliers of base nicotine. My point is that I would have purchased from them anyway even if their nicotine was un-branded.

Where Burn Intense sources their nicotine is anybody's guess. But just because MFS (USA) is not selling to them doesn't mean other MFS agents are not. Much like Innokin, Sigelei, or SMY deny selling to FastTech, yet their authentic products show up on FT's listings every day.

Mystery liquids? With bulk PG almost as cheap as water, I'm not sure why they would have to add anything else? The nicotine is as pure as they claim. And I can personally attest to the fact.

What about your VG/PG, are you also only vaping US pharmaceutical grade? Are your flavors Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, and Acetoin free?

What I do find interesting is the faith that some here put in their Chinese vendors. A country known world-wide for their unscrupulous business practices. Yet these same people have probably not scrutinized their own nicotine vendor's to the same standards.

Moral of the story: If you DIY then get yourself a nicotine test kit. Especially if your dealing with extremely high concentrations of nicotine. To do so otherwise is just foolish.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I'm glad to hear this, and of course I am naturally suspicious of anything coming out of China. Where do you get your test kit from? Bromothymol Blue and .12n Acid are outrageously priced on gmarket. The stuff sells for pennies at any pool supply store on Long Island, and they're asking 30,000 for a few ml here :(

I got my kit from a vape shop in Manila. It's highly unlikely you will find a kit in Korea since DIY is still quite novel. But I've seen them pop up on Amazon and Ebay from time to time.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I got my kit from a vape shop in Manila. It's highly unlikely you will find a kit in Korea since DIY is still quite novel. But I've seen them pop up on Amazon and Ebay from time to time.

I just did a quick Internet search and it seems you can buy a 10 strip nicotine test kit for $10. Some good reviews about it too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KAQ3RA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/180-8319262-8804964

I'm gonna be ordering one today and have it shipped to my house in Canada, as well as some Nicotine from this Korean/American vendor in question.

Then I'll post the results soon.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I just did a quick Internet search and it seems you can buy a 10 strip nicotine test kit for $10. Some good reviews about it too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KAQ3RA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/180-8319262-8804964

I'm gonna be ordering one today and have it shipped to my house in Canada, as well as some Nicotine from this Korean/American vendor in question.

Then I'll post the results soon.

Hahaha...The only way this test kit will work is if you drink the nicotine first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread