Super Nano Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

USRN2016

Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Laveen - Phoenix Arizona USA
So... I did the 12 wraps and they both caught on fire. I think the mentioned method may be better of wrapping them instead of letting them burn on top of the cotton. I'm going to test that out in a min.

Eh, didn't catch fire, but vapor was way down. Rewicked it as shown in the video and its working great. Not sure what I did to fix it though...

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
nanos are awesome!! but if they aren't wicked properly you could easily say it was the worse vape of your life!

I use 9wraps of 26gaugeA1 for mine, it burns to hot to quick if I use less wraps then that unless I take super short toot's for an hour or so until the cotton 'breaks in' to allow for longer pull's.

the cotton cloud is defo key to the success... this below took me 5 attempts to get right.
you want the coil sunk into the cotton about 2/3's but at the same time you don't want the cotton directly underneath it so compressed that it doesn't wick.
So what I do now is get a piece of cotton about 2mm thick and cut the same shape as the nano but maybe 2mm wider all the way around,
slide it in underneath the nano and snug the nano down onto it, but don't push it down to tight, you just want to touch, then I get tweezers or similar and the excess cotton around the edge I tuck it in underneath itself which pushes all the cotton snug around the nano, making like a moat around the nano... this pic below is the only one I can find in my library but I use less cotton that I have it this pic..

you normally know you have the wicking right if it doesn't make that sizzle noise after a toot, if it makes that sizzling noise it means the wick touching the nano is dry.

oh and I just want to say, I don't know if its just me but I use the biggest airhole I can, mine is 1/8 :) which I sit facing one of the corners of the coil, not the centre of the coil or the end, although the end works to but mostly better with dragon coils where you completely cover the coil apart from one end.

hope this helps some of you

Last edited:

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok made me some twistid wire 3 strands 1 of each 26g, 28g, and 30g.(till I get my hands on 24/22g this will do...)
Made me two coils with this.
first was a nano 10wraps around a paper clip that was slightly larger than the wire. It came to .5ohms and freaking vapes like a champ thick and flavorful.

Second was 10 wraps around a sewing needle that was slightly smaller in diameter than wire I believe this would qualify as a ultra-nano or super or which ever you think sounds better lol.
Came out to .3ohms vapes like a freight train and kicks like a mule! Lol thick dense white clouds and tons of flavor!

I have both sitting on a cotton bed with air hole facing coils, haven't had a dry hit, the flavor mutes considerable before it dries so I know when to drip...
I'm going to experment with airhole placement and wicking methods all week to find my vaping shanghai-la, gonna try a dragon style wick and a noose wick(treehead) [URL Noose wick(treehead)]http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557359[/URL] I'll let y'all know when I find my personal perfection
Vape safe, and prosper!

sig-153231.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread