Super-Six from Super T manufacturing review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
I had my first inhale of vapor on September 2008. Back then, there were only e-cigarettes with poor battery's performance and frustration was a very common thing among those who use to vape .
Trog was a very active member at that time, complaining about battery performance until he took it to the next level and designed the first ever mod, the Srewdriver. this was a great mod, I was one of the first to order it end enjoyed it since.

Many things evolved since then. so many suppliers of liquids , mods and other products but I was very happy with what I got because no mod gave me the feeling that "I must have it" until I saw a picture of the Super-T.
The products from Super T manufacturing are not just mods. A device made by David is a real piece of beautiful craftsmanship ,made to last forever and I knew that "I must have it".

Instead of having a Super -T that run at 3.7 volts, I ended up with Davids new innovation, the Super Six , it is thinner than the Super T, and run on single 14500 (AA size) battery or at 6 volts with two 3vols cr2 battery's.
When I got it, I was overwhelmed by the beauty of this device. It looks like a sterling silver piece of jewelry and not a vaping device. attention for details is remarkable. and it is so light, amazingly light .
The body feels in the hand as it was made out of paper at 9.49 grams
the switch- 7.84 grams
901 adapter -11.18 grams.
I enjoy every second of using it or even holding it. there is no other 3.7 /6 volts device that I know of that is so beautiful, thin , small and durable as the Super Six.
Very highly recommend !
Specs-
-Utilizes two 3.0 volt CR2 batteries (aka 15270) for six volt vaping or one protected 14500 (900mah) for 3.7 volt vaping.
-Same length as the T-1 without a sleeve!
-Three machined in 30 degree Vent holes to direct away from your face in case of battery failure
-Just over 17mm thick! In comparison, the BB which takes the same batteries is approx. 22mm in diameter!
-Entire adapter milled from billet stock with machined in threads. They are not a cap with a press in two dollar atomizer thread adapter as so many companies use.
-801 adapter works with all types of 801 atomizers, DSE801, BE112, 201 etc.
-Button will not break if dropped
-Optional Brass Cap and button
-Works with cartomizers on the 901
-Available in 510, 901 or 801 with adjustable draw
-No plastic caps
-Semi recessed and protected button to prevent misfires.
-All mechanical: No wires, no solder
-Adjustable button for both throw and spring rate
-Nearly 1.5 mm thinner then the Super T-1
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng/44181-inside-super-t-making-adapter-2.html

Attachments

• IMG_0101_2.jpg
    IMG_0101_2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0113_2.jpg
    IMG_0113_2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
The Super Six looks terrific! You did a nice review. Have you vaped at 6 volts yet? What are your impressions at that voltage.

Vape Party at Bond's House!!
6 votls on 901 is something I have to get use to. with a cartomizer I get plenty throat hit and vaporeven at 3.7 volts. I think that 6 volts is mre useful with 801 atomizers.

NickJuice

Moved On
Aug 22, 2009
Wow...was that a Review or an advertising piece?

Whats the battery performance like compared to a similiar priced mod? Loaded/unloaded voltages? Vapor Production? will it be availabe to anybody or will there be year long waiting lists? What the tension like on the Button? Does the Button guard throw you off sometimes? JUST the Switch and adapter weight 19grams...what about the rest of the piece? when you hold it does it feel too big to small as compared to other mods....Did you even use it??

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
...What the tension like on the Button? Does the Button guard throw you off sometimes? JUST the Switch and adapter weight 19grams...what about the rest of the piece? ..Did you even use it??...

>

Oooooh. It looks like somebody cut his nicotine dosage down too far and too fast.

Bond mentioned in the review that the tension as well as the throw of the button are adjustable. Also in Bond's post he notes the body of the device weighs 9.49 grams.

Incidentally, in every review I have ever read on this board, I have NEVER seen anyone specifically mention the weight of a device as measured in grams, not to mention breaking down the weight of the individual pieces. This is germane to the SS because the adapter and the switch are available in brass which as David explained is about three times heavier than aluminum. With the info from Bond coupled with David's info and a little math we now know nearly exactly what the device weighs both ways.

That is, if one actually reads the post.

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA

Whats the battery performance like compared to a similiar priced mod? Loaded/unloaded voltages? Vapor Production? will it be availabe to anybody or will there be year long waiting lists? What the tension like on the Button? Does the Button guard throw you off sometimes? JUST the Switch and adapter weight 19grams...what about the rest of the piece? when you hold it does it feel too big to small as compared to other mods....Did you even use it??
I Just copied the specifications from Davids post, Maybe that gave you the impression of advertisement . I am just a thrilled customer. Normally, I don't write reviews because English is not my first language (I am not the real James Bond, you know...), And for your questions:
1.Battery performance/vapor production has nothing to do with PV's. A good device just deliver the voltage. the vapor is a result of Juice and atomizer.
2. Product availability , you can check at the manufacturer website/sub forum.
3.Switch feels very comfortable, You can adjust the throw (push distance)
4. there are 3 parts . body, switch, adapter. the rest you should know or check yourself , it is the atomizer and battery's. the reason I did not include them is because all PVs use them and the added weight is the same.
5. As I mention before, this is the lightest , thinnest , smallest PV that provide 3.7/6 volts that I know of. It feels great to hold/use it.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
JB, You just crushed my fantasy! You are not the "real" James Bond!?? :p LOL
Sry, had to throw that in-
I love the review. David is not being kind in making so many wonderful and beautiful pieces! Putting me between a rock and a hard place here! LOL It's Christmas and I want to order one so bad but I know I need to make sure my kids Christmas is done first...
Very nicely written review... I have been looking at a few mods now as a curiosity and I will definitely have to grab one up as soon as possible. This one is real close to being it! Already have figured David will be getting my order no matter what- It's been so hard to decide which of his devices will win my love. They all have so far- this review is putting Super Six over the top!
Thx JB!

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM

Whats the battery performance like compared to a similiar priced mod? Loaded/unloaded voltages? Vapor Production?

If you know what batteries it takes and what atomizers are available, then you know what the battery life and vapor production will be. Reviews that say it 'hits like a bear' and the battery lasts for a week don't really help anyone.

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
JB, You just crushed my fantasy! You are not the "real" James Bond!?? :p LOL
Sry, had to throw that in-
I love the review. David is not being kind in making so many wonderful and beautiful pieces! Putting me between a rock and a hard place here! LOL It's Christmas and I want to order one so bad but I know I need to make sure my kids Christmas is done first...
Very nicely written review... I have been looking at a few mods now as a curiosity and I will definitely have to grab one up as soon as possible. This one is real close to being it! Already have figured David will be getting my order no matter what- It's been so hard to decide which of his devices will win my love. They all have so far- this review is putting Super Six over the top!
Thx JB!
Actually , I thought you could tell by my accent that I am not James Bond . It is time to let the secret out.......My real name is Hercule Poirot the famous Belgian detective :)

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Well Mr Bond...You and a lot of other ECF members know that i have been looking,to purchase a mod...I know you know cause you answered a few of my questions... Mr famous detective LOL.... (I,m sorry i just had to say that LOL)....Ok back to the tread...So anyways, you guys/gals know that i have been looking for a 5V or a 6V PV.....Well i must say, you did make my decision a lot easier....Thanks for the review and the pics...I too will be joining the ranks of the super-six owners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread