Super T Precise mech value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Have you looked on EBay? I don't think the Classified section here on ECF is working. Hopefully you'll get some responses here.
I have, but I see no history of Precise sales. Since you mentioned it, eBay dropped one of my listings; due to the fact that I was selling e-cigarette related equipment. I don't get this, as eBay is loaded with e-cig related listings? :confused:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have, but I see no history of Precise sales. Since you mentioned it, eBay dropped one of my listings; due to the fact that I was selling e-cigarette related equipment. I don't get this, as eBay is loaded with e-cig related listings? :confused:
It’s technically “illegal” to sell any ecig related stuff on eBay. All the checking is done with bots though so it’s not terribly effective. There’s probably a specific methodology for avoiding them considering how much of it there is there.
Possibly a not terribly intuitive one. eBay needs to up their game. They don’t seem terribly interested in doing so though. Probably make a lot of money off it.
It’s become a primary way for shanzhai companies and various other shady operators to move counterfeit garbage into the US and to sell to minors.
I personally wouldn’t buy any ecig stuff off eBay myself if I had any choice whatsoever.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I hate to say it but all the older mods have been devalued by the sheer number of devices on the market today. Unless you can find someone who really wants one, it won't be easy to sell.
I'd like to replace the Precise I sold years ago but not for even half what I paid back then.
A polished Silver Bullet on the other hand...

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
It’s technically “illegal” to sell any ecig related stuff on eBay. All the checking is done with bots though so it’s not terribly effective. There’s probably a specific methodology for avoiding them considering how much of it there is there.
Possibly a not terribly intuitive one. eBay needs to up their game. They don’t seem terribly interested in doing so though. Probably make a lot of money off it.
It’s become a primary way for shanzhai companies and various other shady operators to move counterfeit garbage into the US and to sell to minors.
I personally wouldn’t buy any ecig stuff off eBay myself if I had any choice whatsoever.
I think I was turned-in by a blocked member who kept trying asking me to ship a mod to Hawaii. I got sick of his BS, so I blocked him. The next day I received the dropped listing notice. I'm just wondering what will happen if I list more items? I don't need my sellers account canceled.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I hate to say it but all the older mods have been devalued by the sheer number of devices on the market today. Unless you can find someone who really wants one, it won't be easy to sell.
A polished Silver Bullet on the other hand...
I have a black Silver Bullet, the only mech I have left, in storage. But I'm not willing to sell it. It has that pebble grain textured finish that was rare even back in the day.

632745-8ecf1cbfe0bab6d0d13c5c5e656bae99.jpg

silverveing.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since purging nicotine from my system (via vaping), I don't have much interest in vaping. Odd paradox. It's become an unnecessary expense.
Congratuations on your loss. ;) (I think you're the first person I've ever said that to.)

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have a black one, smooth finish. I also have a Kick and the extender. History...

I have a black Silver Bullet, the only mech I have left, in storage. But I'm not willing to sell it. It has that pebble grain textured finish that was rare even back in the day.

silverveing.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think I was turned-in by a blocked member who kept trying asking me to ship a mod to Hawaii. I got sick of his BS, so I blocked him. The next day I received the dropped listing notice. I'm just wondering what will happen if I list more items? I don't need my sellers account canceled.
No idea. The buyer obviously knew that trafficking ecig products on eBay could get a body banned.

This is the problem with grey marketeering. You have an enemy now and it’s not impossible that they may decide to manually report you out of spite.
My YouTube link has been inundated with reddit/prorevenge stuff lately. I don’t know if this is a general trend or some artifact of myself and the YouTube bot, but such a behavior would be very much in keeping with what I see on those links.

Look for another online sales venue where it is allowed perhaps?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

silverveing.jpg

Took me a while to find it.

IMG_0338.JPG

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Too cool!! :thumb: Your's has a black button. Nice.

Actually has a silver button, it looks black in the pic.

I just fired it up with another oldie on top, a Royal Hunter RDA. Still as good as ever. Nice change of pace from my usual high tech Provari / KFL vapes.

IMG_0340.JPG

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have two Super T Precise mechs that I'm thinking about selling. I've had them for about 9 or 10 years. Can anyone advise me on how to list these, price wise? One is a 18650, the other is a smaller 18350. They are the earlier Precise, not Precise Plus.
It is hard to put a price on History.
Have you considered having them mounted for display?

Cheers
I

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
It is hard to put a price on History.
Have you considered having them mounted for display?

Cheers
I

I'm not into all that. For me, it's just a tool to deliver nicotine. I owned cheaper devices, prior to the Precise, but they didn't hold-up well. I purchased the Precise devices for their build quality. I had the 10440... until someone offered me $400.00 for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread