Surefire Castle & Aspire Cleito Mini Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I can't find much info out there yet on either of these so decided to give my basic thoughts and some pictures for those interested.

I've been vaping for 6 years but I don't have the time or want to build my own stuff. I also prefer small and pocketable. Like a lot of you, over the years I've spent a small fortune trying out gear and juice. It my new addiction I guess. I like small and easy so these two get like they'd go together well for me.

Surefire Castle
This is a stylish, yet barebones 2600 mAh built-in battery variable wattage/temp control mod. I've done the removable battery thing and may go back to it someday, but I really like a compact built-in device when out and about. I've been looking for something small and with style for quite a while so had to grab one of these when I saw it. I think it's beautiful and the fact that it's barebones adds to that so I consider it a plus - for the most part. To each their own though.

The Castle is really solidly built which may make sense since Surefire is known for USA made mechanical mods. But this thing is made is South Korea I believe. That's fine by me but Surefire USA should have designed the user guide that came with it, but it was obviously written overseas. The Castle seems to read the resistance of the atty each time you fire, then it kicks in. It feel like a ramp up to full power though. That may be a downside for some, but you quickly get used to it and it actually seems to cut down on spitting.

The software is very barebones too though. To my knowledge, you can't flip the display around or put it in stealth mode. In fact the display stays on way too long, which means it's using battery, though how much is negligible. You also can't lock in the wattage/temp which means you may inadvertently slightly change your setting with the thumb wheel. It also can't be used as a passthrough. That part bummed me out because as many of you know, 2600 mAh isn't going to get you through the day. But again, it's built like a tank and the button is pure pleasure to push.

If they make a version 2, I hope the design stays the same but I hope the change the downsides to the software, or with any luck, maybe this one can be updated. That being said, I love how it feels and looks in the hand and love bushing that button so I plan on buying a second one.

Aspire Cleito
It's small yet hold more juice than the Atlantis or Triton. I love how easy it is to fill and love how it looks. The flavor is noticeably stronger with that direct chimney to you mouth and that's a big positive for me, but the Triton Clapton coils are close. The downside to that direct chimney is that I'm finding now and then that it spits a little more. Not enough to be a deal breaker though. I dig the drip tip quite a bit. People who love extra air flow will love this thing but I actually rarely use it wide open. Just like my Atlantis and Triton tanks, I have no leaking issues with the Cleito. And again, I love the size.

23835917954_61e1b9c8af_b.jpg

24381693471_26936798ac_b.jpg

23835918624_f6fb4cf473_b.jpg

24464130075_005485de07_b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread