Survey of Return Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
I'm curious about people's experiences with returns.

Outside of the e-cig world, I've read vendor reviews where people have reported that the vendor has sent the new item, and with it a pre-paid shipping label for return of the defective one. IOW, they ship the replacement before the bad one is even en route back, and pay for shipping.

I've read anecdotal remarks here about vendors who ship replacements and don't even ask for the defective item to be returned. Also comments about vendors who ship replacements right away upon report of a problem, but do ask for the defective item to be returned.

So, what are your experiences? How prevalent is it among e-cig vendors to not ship replacements until the defective items have already been returned?

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
Ive had to return a couple of batteries that were defective and the vendor waited until they recieved them to ship out.

I had a slight problem with some ejuice that I recieved that wasnt the same as it usually was and that vendor called me on the phone and is sending me a different formula.
So all in all Ive been very impressed with customer service from both those vendors.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I just have two situations in the e-cig world; both with atomizers.
One was DOA and vendor sent me immediately a replacement without asking for defective atty; vendor easily accessible, courteous, friendly… a real joy doing business with him.
The second one, I’m still at the verge giving an “opportunity”. My atty died, I contacted them (a little difficult), got a number and sent back the atty almost a month ago, no replacement yet… the longer it takes, more akin I’ll be for NOT purchasing from them again.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Ive only had to return one thing and the vendor wanted the old one back which seemed perfectly resonable to me - they want to return the time to the manufacturer to get a refund themselves (or replacement) so THEY aren't out of pocket. The new one shipped with a return pack (pre-paid by them) and I was very happy with the service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread