replacement parts and returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
I've seen different comments in various forums and threads about receiving replacements parts and returning defective e-cig parts. I'd like to start this thread to kind of keep all the info in one place.

Here's what I'd like to know about the various suppliers and "brands" of e-cigs:

How long is the warranty and what exactly does it cover?

Does the supplier require that the defective part be returned?

Does the customer have to send the defective part BEFORE receiving the replacement (which means doing without the e-cig until the defective part is received by the supplier and a replacement shipped to the customer)?

What suppliers require that the customer pay for shipping to return defective parts?

What suppliers send out replacements with a prepaid shipping label for the defective part to be returned?

Are there an suppliers that do not take back defective parts and just send replacements as needed?

Personally I think if a supplier guarantees the product for a certain period of time and a replacement is needed then the supplier should also pay for the return of the defective part.

~VP~

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Relates to my experiences only:

Does the supplier require that the defective part be returned?
njoy - requests, not requires
Smartfixx - no
MyEcig - no
E-cig-sales - yes
Ebay Heaven Gifts - policy says yes

Does the customer have to send the defective part BEFORE receiving the replacement?
Njoy - no
Smartfixx - no
MyEcig - no
E-cig-sales - yes

What suppliers require that the customer pay for shipping to return defective parts?
Njoy - no
Smartfixx - not applicable
MyEcig - not applicable
E-cig-sales - yes

What suppliers send out replacements with a prepaid shipping label for the defective part to be returned?
Njoy - yes
Smartfixx - not applicable
MyEcig - not applicable
E-cig-sales - no
Ebay Heaven Gifts - policy says no

Smokester!

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
UK
www.liberro.co.uk
Hi Everyone

We test all batteries, atomisers and chargers prior to shipping to ensure there are no DOAs. Obviously, thiese are not exhaustive tests and we realise that over time a fault may still occur, therefore we offer a 30 day guarantee (from date of purchase) on these parts.

For UK returns we send a prepaid return addressed jiffy along with the replacement part(s).

Due to different postal rates and currencies, for international orders we still send a return addressed jiffy with the replacement part(s) and ask that the customer pays the return postage (cheapest Royal Mail 1st Class equivalent) which we then refund via PayPal upon receipt of the goods.

I hope this answers your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread