Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Honestly from my experience converting a few people the long term rate has been zero. I just can't keep them as excited about it as I am. I am also fortunate in the fact that I can afford to "play" with all my gadgets. vaping has certainly not saved me any money compared to cigarettes. On the contrary I probably spend 3-4 times as much. But its so much fun.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
An ECF survey would be worthless due to those that gave up on vaping probably aren't hanging around here.
looking_around.gif

Of my 26 v-verts (vaping converts) within the past year, I know of five that no longer vape. So that's 22/27 = 81.48% success rate. Note, I included myself.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
An ECF survey would be worthless due to those that gave up on vaping probably aren't hanging around here.
looking_around.gif

I agree.

For myself, it's been over a year and a half since I've had a cigarette (started vaping).

I now have four family members and friends who have quit smoking due to vaping in the past year. I'm also mailing a new kit to my son this week ... whose ready to quit cigs. (yea). :)

I'm not sure how many others have quit smoking, but I've given info to many others (strangers) who have asked me "what are you smoking??". Hope it helped them, too.

MoGo

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
East Tennessee
looking_around.gif

Yeah, this I would expect. I was thinking more along the lines of sending a survey via email to those that had signed up as ecf members so you could reach even those that were no longer active, but had not yet been purged. I was just curious since there seem to be so many former analog smokers here and other quitting methods seem to have very low success rates.

Quick edit: This is not saying that I'm advocating this. I was just curious if it had ever been done.

phil71185

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Middletown,Pa
I feel like the oddball here my fiancé smokes so does my aunt and half of my friends. I started smoking hits off my fiancés cigarettes and then bought a few packs before a friend of mine that vapes said wft man if you think you need to smoke, smoke this. So as dumb as it sounds I started vaping to avoid cigarettes not to quit. Been vaping for about a year now and loving it.

Hopefully you get what I mean there.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
I feel like the oddball here my fiancé smokes so does my aunt and half of my friends. I started smoking hits off my fiancés cigarettes and then bought a few packs before a friend of mine that vapes said wft man if you think you need to smoke, smoke this. So as dumb as it sounds I started vaping to avoid cigarettes not to quit. Been vaping for about a year now and loving it.

Hopefully you get what I mean there.

I know what you mean. I only started vaping because my kids bought me a kit for Father's day last year, and I only used it so as not to hurt their feelings. I never had any intention of quitting. About a month later I smoked my very last cigarette.

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
I know what you mean. I only started vaping because my kids bought me a kit for Father's day last year, and I only used it so as not to hurt their feelings. I never had any intention of quitting. About a month later I smoked my very last cigarette.

Haha, score one for the kids!

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Here are links to several published surveys.....
(the links were available from CASAA.org Survey Studies: Electronic Cigarettes )

Electronic cigarettes: a survey of users BMC Public Health | Full text | Electronic cigarettes: a survey of users
BMC Public Health 2010, 10:231 doi:10.1186/1471-2458-10-231

Etter JF, Bullen C. Electronic cigarette: users profile, utilization, satisfaction and perceived efficacy - Etter - 2011 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

McQueen A, Tower S, Sumner W. Interviews With "Vapers": Implications for Future Research With Electronic Cigarettes.
Interviews With

Siegel MB, Tanwar KL, Wood KS. Electronic cigarettes as smoking cessation tool: Results from an Online Survey. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2011 Apr; 40(4):472-5. http://www.ajpm-online.net/webfiles/images/journals/amepre/AMEPRE3013.pdf

appletux

Jul 30, 2012
Chicago
Honestly from my experience converting a few people the long term rate has been zero. I just can't keep them as excited about it as I am. I am also fortunate in the fact that I can afford to "play" with all my gadgets. Vaping has certainly not saved me any money compared to cigarettes. On the contrary I probably spend 3-4 times as much. But its so much fun.

Why people waste more money using PV? that makes no sense. If you tell people that you spend 3.4 times more that using analogs, of course nobody is going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread