The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sustainability

Discussion in 'Pagan Vapers' started by MsTick, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MsTick

MsTick Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    California
    I don't know how to carry a quote into a new thread, so this is from Adrena's post in another thread:

I'm I the only Pagan vapor wanting to move off the batt and other wise electricity?
    I feel better not using paper and kill trees for my addiction. No butt litter and burning.
    But what to do with all the dead batt we vapors will have?
    Sure cell phones have batts and most don't get recycled. But there are lots of places to take them if your inclined to.
    I already send my dead Ce2 out for reuse. And save every juice bottle for sharing samples.

I want to see a crank flash light mod pv mass produced. I've see them work, I have the blueprints. So why not?...

As a pagan my tobacco was used for more the just smoking. Wonders if Pan wants an e cig. What do I do about a wasp sting now?...

Some interesting ideas and we got all excited about music and it got buried, so I took the liberty of quoting it here to start a new thread.

As nasty as analog cigs are, they're mostly organic (in terms of being mostly biological products, not "organic" like pesticide-free). How can we move toward earth-friendly e-cigs?

I think that goddesses who like tobacco would still prefer a fine cuban cigar.

How do you use tobacco for wasp stings, Adrena? I haven't heard that one.

2. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    First, you can put a pinch of tobacco on a wasp sting to draw out the stinger/poison.

Secondly, the problem with the hand crank technologies is that they don't put out nearly enough amps(I'm a modder, this has been looked into) The hand cranks only put out a few hundred milliamps, while e-cigs require about 2.5-3 amps. I have also looked into the shake-up flashlight technology...same problem. To get the needed amps, would make it unwieldy big.

Personally, I use a mod that uses regular rechargeable li-ion batteries, which when depleted can be recycled at the same type of center as cell phone batteries.

3. MsTick

Mar 12, 2011
    California
    Dalton, I'v just worn out my first bat. It's a standard 510. Can they not be recycled like any other battery?

4. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    Just did some googling on it, and it appears that the e-cig batteries can be recycled at any center that collects li-ion batteries, but you may need to label the batteries as li-ion for them to accept them.

5. Adrena

Adrena ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Washington
    MsTick I ping of tobacco and a lil spit lol ant only removes the poison aud cools down the burning nicely.

Dalton thanks for the info but I still want something more friendly ;) Necessity is the mother of invention!

6. MsTick

Mar 12, 2011
    California
    The last time I was stung, my leg swelled up to twice it's size and turned purple. That was a long time ago, so I don't know if another sting would just hurt or kill me. Either way, I have great respect for our winged brethren.

7. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    Haha I know what you mean...I have been running some scenarios through my head, to get the amps higher...There must be a way. WHEN/if I figure something out, it will be in the modders forum, and I'll be sure to drop a link here.

MsTick, Sounds like you may be slightly allergic...I have been stung several times, and spider bitten...never more than annoying amounts of pain. Can't blame them though...

8. MsTick

Mar 12, 2011
    California
    Oh, I have two big scars on my leg from spider bites. The doctor considered me a walking bio-hazard. Wanted me to come in every day. Took a lot of antibiotics for a long time.

I'm definitely not a modder, so I'll have to buy one from you, Dalton.

9. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    Yikes! I did have one that was worse than minor pain. Spider bite on my back. Swelled up red but didn't hurt, but the next day my whole body was red and itched like crazy! It went away after 2 days though like nothing happened. It looked just like a brown recluse, but I guess it couldn't have been...

As far as a battery-free mod, if I come up with one, you will get it cheap. Call it a "fellow pagan discount". LOL. I just have fun tinkering.

10. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
  11. Adrena

Adrena ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Washington
    Now that is just über Cool, thanks for sharing. >.<

12. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    LOL This actually got me thinking, a far more pocketable version could be made with a short focal point magnifying lens only about an inch wide, but you would be a slave to the sun's direction, and no vaping when cloudy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.