• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is your partner Pagan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
My fiance is Buddhist and we agree on most things involving religion. He admitted that me being Pagan made him pause before we actually got together. His ex-girlfriend claimed to be Wiccan, but acted more like a "Wiccabe" who had watched "The Craft" one too many times. He relaxed once he realized that I wasn't anything like that and that my beliefs don't revolve around Hollywood movies.

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
My man is also Buddhist. In essence, the beliefs of one do not deride that of the other, except for with one small aspect of daily life. He does not drink, nor will he eat meat. This actually does cause a bit of difficulty. I like to prepare large meals, involving some sort of slow-cooked meat. ..which I have to eat by myself. I do not know any other pagans in my area, so I have a hard time finishing the meal before it goes bad.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
My fiance was raised in a very devout catholic household (tolerant though, not the weird extremists -- he's up in Nova Scotia, Canada) however he fell out of love with Catholicism when he got old enough to think. He believes in a God, but doesn't believe that deity is one who particularly cares what we do, more of a petri-dish deity if you will. He's extremely accepting of me and who I am, and loves to learn alongside me. The only real hiding I've done is when we were having dinner with his folks, he had to bring up a movie we watched (He'd never seen Dogma so I had him watch it) and his mother asked me if I was baptized and if I was religious... I said I was more spiritual and no I hadn't been baptized as far as I knew. And she's never mentioned it again. While they are devout, they are firm believers in free will and not pushing people (aside form their kids when they were young, but neither of their children attends church now).
My ex was a born again and forced conversion upon me, which made me very unhappy but it was a very emotionally abusive relationship that I happily got out of fairly quickly.

DruidPriest

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
When I met my wife she was agnostic, raised an a Santeria Catholic "not sure if that's the proper term" after a rough patch "not relationship related" she asked how I stayed so calm. So I explained my faith "my username should give you a hint" and she expressed an interest. I set her up in a quiet spot in the woods told her just lay back and listen, if she was ready she would hear the great mothers voice calling her.

Slim and simple EVOD tank, eGo Twist 1100 mAh battery. DruidPriest

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
I guess I got lucky and my wife is also pagan and now the kids have been raised in the tradition as well. The only issues my wife and I have is in the teaching. I'm Thelemic and she's more of just eclectic nature witch. So we differ on some views but in the end it's not major just different aspects of things

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess I got lucky and my wife is also pagan and now the kids have been raised in the tradition as well. The only issues my wife and I have is in the teaching. I'm Thelemic and she's more of just eclectic nature witch. So we differ on some views but in the end it's not major just different aspects of things

If only all the religions in the world would get this one simple concept and live it...sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread