SVD fire button problems? a possible fix? so far it's working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Wrote this in reply to another post last night but no response, thought this was odd because this has problem has plagued the SVD.

The story goes I was getting pretty ...... off at my SVD for ,, turning off when it felt like it, not firing, being very picky about how the button was pushed etc. etc. and the sad part is it is/was one of my favorites. Looks, build, size with an 18350 and a mini for out and about just can't be beat. Thing has sat around hardly getting any use at all and I have been thinking "what a waste of 40 something dollars THAT was!"

OK, enough suspense........ I was working on some volume pots for one of my guitar amps and was using a high pressure spray cleaner lubricant and shot the button of my defunct SVD with it,
Let sit for an hour,
Pushed button a few times,
Seemed to have helped,
Sprayed again,
Let sit some more.

It has been operating trouble free without one weird quirk al day long! :D now on day two now and vaping away happily. :)

I hope others have the success I an enjoying. I really like this unit a lot.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Good job! You wouldn't think it was the kind of switch that would respond to that ( mechanical). Maybe loosened some eliquid that got down there?

I use regular Contact cleaner for USB ports and in the 510 post area, but gotta get me some of your type with the lube for other applications. I use the Red De-Oxit for regular household lube and de-corrosion duties, heard that was great for Pots also.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Same happened to me, that's why I left it behind. One day I got really mad, doused the button, the connector with plenty isopropyl alcohol and left it alone for a long time inside a bag of rice, without the cap and extension tube. After I think it was a couple of months I picked it up again and it worked. But this was just by chance, the fire button is a piece of crap. Pick up a Vamo V3 at FT, nowadays it's very cheap, or a sigelei box mod, will do you better service.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    Good job! You wouldn't think it was the kind of switch that would respond to that ( mechanical). Maybe loosened some eliquid that got down there?

I use regular Contact cleaner for USB ports and in the 510 post area, but gotta get me some of your type with the lube for other applications. I use the Red De-Oxit for regular household lube and de-corrosion duties, heard that was great for Pots also.

This stuff is just a Radio Shack brand, no idea what's in it. I guess I didn't say it but I was more than a little surprised it worked.

Reactions: r77r7r

Davey59

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    This isn't all about the new SVD, with the DNA board or something in it??

Nope, this is the regular ole SVD, the one thats nice lookin :)

I can't post pics with this new forum format. Not liking it at all. Even quoting is a pain in the backside, and where is the thread subscription?.

Haven't really been here in months so who cares what I think.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    Still going strong, no issues whatsoever! Fires off with a nice light touch, I am absolutely in love with this mod again!

I think I figured out the picture thing.

Attachments

• SVD.jpg
      SVD.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 10
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread