SvoeMesto Kayfun or Kraken Genesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosaj03

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
WPB, FL
Like what everyone else said. Two different devices and different vapes. Honestly I get more flavor out of the Kayfun and decent vapor. I get more vapor and decent flavor with the Kraken. It depends on how you like to build and how much you care about maintaining your atty. The KF is more set it and forget it while the Kraken requires a little bit more care. You cant go wrong with either and if possible get both!

dutch onsea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
gent/Belgium
Like mentioned above the kayfun is less dependent on your setup. It basically works every time. What kind of wick and coil do you like? Normally the kraken is used with mesh or ceramic and the kayfun with silica. Perhaps that makes the choice easier. I think also when you want to make micro coils the kayfun is a bit easier.

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Hmm... lots to contemplate here. I guess I didn't realize that there was THAT big a difference between the two. I do like the idea of the airflow adjustment on the KF which I didn't see on the lite which is why I ruled that one out. I suppose I should start with a cheapy of both and rethink this whole thing before dumping that much money into something that I may not like. Both is not an option.. at least not yet anyway with the holidays coming up. Does anyone know where you can get a cheaper clone/similar setup for each?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Hmm... lots to contemplate here. I guess I didn't realize that there was THAT big a difference between the two. I do like the idea of the airflow adjustment on the KF which I didn't see on the lite which is why I ruled that one out. I suppose I should start with a cheapy of both and rethink this whole thing before dumping that much money into something that I may not like. Both is not an option.. at least not yet anyway with the holidays coming up. Does anyone know where you can get a cheaper clone/similar setup for each?

Clone of a clone:

Russian rebuildable atomizer

Domestic based chi-kraken:

CHi-Krack (Kracken clone) - 101 Vape

China based chi-kraken:

$12.92 Kraken Genesis Style Rebuildable Atomizer (2.5mL) - glass tank / stainless steel / air flow control at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Be prepared to wait several weeks for the Vaporbreak/FT ones.

DillPickles666

Moved On
Apr 23, 2013
Fresno CA
If you are unfamiliar with either atty set up, the kayfun is MUCH simpler in my experience. I love bother types off attys for different reasons. I usually set up a kayfun for out and about, and I love my genesis for at home puffing :)

It breaks down to preference, but if you're looking for something easy and that you won't have to worry about too much, kayfun is the way to go.
If you don't mind tilting and correcting hotspot, genesis is fantastic :)

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread