Sweet NEW Passthru(Vaprlife VP passthru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Does this look like the switch?

thumbnail.asp

Yup, that's it!!! Obviously sold at madvapes.com. Thank you. Do you know how to service this particular unit(i.e. take it apart and replace the switch)??? Any info would help as I'm not about to fork over $40 for a ,I'm guessing $2 switch. Thanks again.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing) , an LED, a cheap tact switch, and an 801 atty connector all held in the cheap metal/plastic case by a tiny hex screw.
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch).
Never again.

GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone ever spends a premium again for a passthru just because it's USA made, you should have your head examined.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Now I just got an email from Vaprlife saying "shame on me" for posting my previous post and they will no longer do business with me based upon a post in a public forum. OH NO!!!!!!!!! Your not gonna let me pay you $40 to "fix" my $6 PT that dangerously failed. I will now , unfortunately, have to take this to the appropriate consumer protection apparatus. How unbelievably unprofessional. I keep harping on this this and will keep repeating it until it changes: This Industry NEEDS some type of sane regulation. We can't keep going on like this where maufacturers,suppliers, distributors can basically do whatever they want with only unregulated free enterprise as a stop-gap mechanism. If the industry doesn't do this voluntarily, BANS are inevitable. Eventually something very bad is going to happen to a vaper/consumer due to manufacture/supplier/distributor negligence(actually a few well known incidents already have) and that's going to be it, done, finished, stick the fork in this industry.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing) , an LED, a cheap tact switch, and an 801 atty connector all held in the cheap metal/plastic case by a tiny hex screw.
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch).
Never again.

GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone ever spends a premium again for a passthru just because it's USA made, you should have your head examined.
Was there a mosfet chip that the switch was connected to, or did it directly feed to the atty?

As long as you can do-it-yourself why don't you try to squeeze in a decent switch that can handle the amps.

C&K Components 3A Black Pushbutton switch

That's a 3000mA rating vs the tact's 50mA.

Looks like you may have to find some mounting nuts for it though.

Even this one should be able to easily handle the demands of an 801 atty.

Push Button Switch -- Blue

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Was there a mosfet chip that the switch was connected to, or did it directly feed to the atty?

As long as you can do-it-yourself why don't you try to squeeze in a decent switch that can handle the amps.

C&K Components 3A Black Pushbutton switch

That's a 3000mA rating vs the tact's 50mA.

Looks like you may have to find some mounting nuts for it though.

Even this one should be able to easily handle the demands of an 801 atty.

Push Button Switch -- Blue

Looks like there's a small chip that the switch sits on(but its' definitely the same switch) the chip is just a cheap resistor that the LED is attached to. The LED sits on the the opposite side from the atty(so it can show through the white plastic housing). The atty connector is epoxied to the small metal switch housing and is simply wired to the switch. It's a very simple circuit design and I'm sure I could tinker with it and get it back working better then before with much better components to boot. (I can't believe they used a 50mA rated switch on this device!!!!!!!). I just don't have enough time, and that's why companies like this know they can get away with selling stuff like this for a massive markup. I already have 2 other Direct Connect 5V PT's( PS USBPass V1 and the Altsmoke BB PT) so it's really no big deal. You live and learn, and I learned a lesson here. Thanks for all your help though. If you have the time and want it to mess around with to see if you can get it working or improve on it, PM me.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Thanks Markimar, That's SO funny as I was just looking at that exact product at electronicstix.com. Other then the cord, have you had any issues with it?? How long have you had it??
Thanks again.

Haven't had any issues at all! Had it for about 2 months it's also great for dry cleaning your Atty's! As dry burn. Or after a water soak. Great vape too!

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
You should edit your first post. People might not get past the first page of gushing accolades.

Unfortunately, I can't as after 48 hours, ECF does not allow editing or , believe me I would have already had.

P.S. Ok, I just partially remedied that situation. Thanks for the suggestion Quick1.

Last edited:

crowbartool

Apr 19, 2010
bc canada
I just use a cheap 9 dollar chinese 808d-1 passthrough (no battery) with a 510 connector hooked to a 510 cartomizer with a modified plug to easily keep it topped up, and fed by a 4 amp usb hub that i found in a bargin bin for 13 bux so it always stays at 5v... It's wonderful.. been using it for a month no problems.. I like it better than the thousand plus dollars i spent on other mods when i can be around a computer or an ac plugin:p

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I viewed your durability video on YT. Perhaps you should update your description there, to indicate your change of heart regarding this PT. Your videos do a fair job of selling the device ... maybe you should give the YT audience the same warning you've given here.

Unfortunately, those aren't my video's(they are the VT's video's); I copied and pasted them to this forum from the VT website when I initially purchased the device. Believe me, if I had the ability to edit my OP(or the VT video's , for that matter) I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread