Switch Mods.... Sketchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEOJ

Oct 23, 2014
Grand Rapids, MI
So Switch mods has branded themselves as a manaufacturer of durable quality made mods in the USA with a lifetime warranty... My question: How long have they been around, how long will they stick around, and the biggest issue I have, WHY DON'T THEY HAVE A PHONE NUMBER?! The phone number issue seems very peculiar to me, because I feel that any reputable US based manufacturer should have a little more than an e-mail contact form!!! I am not trying to hate, I just have real concerns. I wanted to call to ask a question before investing my hard earned money. I am not a big e-mail type of guy, and in many instances 1 phone call can take the place of countless e-mails back and forth... Anyone care to chime in with their thoughts about this issue? Anyone have a switchmod? Why can't I find a decent review?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hmm... Interesting. Must be brand new, they don't seem to have a interweb review history.

Appears to be... well made, aluminum or copper mods, with fairly basic design, aluminum/SS attys - good on 'em for posts integral to base. No button design description or photos. Bad idea.

Costs are kept down with materials, probably high volume and low wholesale pricing... and with what appears to be a flush-to-tube or recessed button with no lock ring. I'd be curious to know what grade aluminum and see a disassembled switch.

$80 for a US made, C110 copper mod isn't too bad a deal. Wonder what their return policy is?

Just wondering out-loud. ;-)

Reactions: Baditude

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I feel your pain.
There are very few mod makers in the US that are traditional, legitimate businesses.
Don't know anything about switch mods, but I have tried to do simple business with a few modders unsuccessfully
Most I have tried to contact are very unprofessional and ran by amateurs.

I did have a great experience dealing with SuperTmanufacturing, but they are stepping out of the vape scene.

Edit**
"NEURAL" grip?
Do these knuckle heads not know how to spell "knurled"?
Avoid these geniuses like the plague!

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Switch Mods looks to be part of Nicotine River LLC . They have customer reviews that date back to 8/2014 .
You think they would learn to spell "knurled",... You know... Being machinists and what not.
Lol
I'll still not send money to any company I can't find. A company without a contact phone isn't legit.

Mods on every color of the rainbow...you sure those are US made?

Reactions: Tom Toots

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
You think they would learn to spell "knurled",... You know... Being machinists and what not.
Lol

It could be that the texture of the mod and atty affect the central nervous system. :laugh:

neural_switch_mod.jpg

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Lol
A company without a contact phone isn't legit.

Yeah I dunno ProVape is pretty legit, maybe not 100% relevant anymore but try calling them or even find a phone number for them.

Switch Mods is one of these new companies that is using social media for promoting/marketing. Very active on Instagram. The mod is decent, does exactly what is says it does and does it well. Went for the 100$ version with the atty, 3 days from purchase to my door, had it for a month.

Feels weird in the hand, sold it for what I paid for it. If it weren't for all that "Neuraling" I probably would have kept it.

Elegant neural grip on the body and atomizer cap

Nothing elegant about that grip.

I've heard good and bad about the Switch Mods. Nothing has been out of the ordinary as far as negatives, nor any glowing positives. They seem to be just a nice and unique authentic mod that is fairly affordable.

Sort of off topic, but last year in October I believe, I purchased a Cana 30 from Elev8vape and had some questions to ask them. So I thought I would just call them, you know to avoid the whole ping-pong, back and forth ordeal. But nooooooooo.... the damn phone rings and rings and rings, with no answering machine. Don't give me the option to call, when you don't pick up the phone, or let us leave a message! Ridiculous, I was so ...... off lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread