Switch Questions / Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crritter996

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Simi Valley, CA
I'm building my second box mod and have a question about a Switch. i would like some opinion as well as some of the advanced modding knowledge that you all have.

I was thinking of using this button for my new mod. I will be using it on a MV 7.2V 18650X2 mod as my momentary trigger. The question is will this switch work with the MV V2 and will i need to use a resistor for the LED on it and which resistor?

Thanks for all the help! I'll post pictures of things when i start building. Right now i am just designing and gathering a parts list.

Or am i better off going with the ORK-T 6 regulator i just don't know. And if i did go with the ORK-T what omh rating resistor would i go with for the switch, LED, also what Pot & resistor to use. I understand the basic construction of things but am a little fuzzy on the specifics. I do know I would like to use the on/off function of the regulator not an inline B+ switch (mainly due to putting in a master on/off, and using a battery PCB to manage the on board charging.)

:cry:

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
LED calculator for single LEDs

This is for figuring out what resistors you need for LED's. Their site has limited information on that button as far as terminals and such...I would say if your box can fit it, go for it...it is really nice looking with that ring of light. I think it says it is 2amp also, most suggest 3amp - 5amp and other use micro switches and don't seem to care. Up to you I guess lol

Ron -

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
if you wire the button to the control pin on the okr-t series you can use a super low amp switch, so 2 amp is plenty for that application. you can always use a super low amp tactile switch on the control pin as well.

i would definitely choose the switching okr regulator vs the linear mv chip. youll generate quite a bit of heat with the mv module where as the okr will generate almost no detectable heat and youre batteries will last nearly twice as long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread