Switching back to my Volts! (Stock update on new doohickeys?? Questions about X2s!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyk

Dec 14, 2011
maryland
I started with the Volt in November, and switched away to an eGo-C. I don't know why I stayed with it so long??? I really couldn't stand it. Leaky and drippy and just about killed my lungs last week with a new atomizer. After thinking about it for awhile I realized that I really had a bad experience the whole time with it -- except that I didn't have to refill too often.

Charged up my volts and I was thrilled at how smooth a vape it is. Willing to put up with the constant (CONSTANT) refilling of cartomizers and charging for the vaping experience I get with these.

Even happier to see all the new options. Unsure what to order. Wanted to try the nanos (they seemed not-fiddly). Guess only CE3s are in - should I try those? I just usually pop the top off a carto and squeeze in the juice (this probably has something to do with my constant need to refill). Having to refill using a syringe sounds terrible. And the primer? Sounds just like the terrible ego-c. I really want to try the new batteries but don't want to order until the nanos are restocked. When will that happen? I poked around a few threads and couldn't find anything.

Also, when I get to it, what's the difference between the X2 manual and automatic?

I am so thrilled to be back on my Volt that I'm happy using my little batteries and cartomizers! WHY DID I LEAVE? I WAS SO HAPPY! Anyone who says once you really get into vaping you will want a bigger system is crazy. I LOVE THE VOLT!

brandyk

Dec 14, 2011
maryland
Midwest, I love your superadorable case!!!

Do you have that burning lung issue with the CE3s? I am very wary of it. I thought it was some new juice I got (highbrow, unknown PG level) but it turned out that it was the ego.

I think I will order x2 auto and the ce3 and also some comfort tips for the cartos. And another pack of fresh cartos. post-ego I find that I am chewing them all up.

I did just order some juice and a vision clearomizer to try out with my ego batteries, see if I can get some use out of them.

One of the things I hated, just as an FYI - the ego's vape was COLD. Never got used to it. It's pretty obvious that I am super lazy and don't want to fiddle too much. But I just prefilled a fresh carto with some highbrow coconut and let it sit and it sure is nice. This really raises my happiness level!

MidwestMom

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
USA
nope I don't have a burning anything with the CE's unless I vape too fast ... gotta let the bubbles come up and let it rewick ... it's a warmer vape only time i got colder hits was when i was using a comfort tip or drip tip which makes sense because it has to travel farther... I have a VG sensativity anything over 10-20 % screws with me which my doc and me decided had to do with an allergy...

my case is a simple cig case i used to use for analogs hahaha is pretty and jeweled on the outside too... keep batts and carts on one side and tuck a couple of tissues neatly folded in the other for wiping connections off... tried putting stuff on both sides but carts and bats just a bit too wide for it oh well this lasts me all day with 3 bats and 4 or 5 carts I have a car charger if things get real hairy hahaha

if it's gunna be a long day i toss a juice bottle and syringe and plug in an old diabetic pouch hubby gave me which i find ironically amusing and keep that in my purse

MidwestMom

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
USA
voltsetup.jpg voltsetup1.jpg

here's the current set up much nicer

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
Welcome home! :toast:

Honestly, I am probably not the person to recommend the old CE3's, but only because I had more bad than good experiences with them. When they work right (no leaks, no super nasty lingering primer taste no matter what you do, etc), they will destroy any other carto out for KR808 types. But when they work bad, they will make you want to break something lol! The new Nano's IMO are really good so far, and in another week or so the T3's should be out. The X2's have been a really good addition to SI's line of batteries, and being familiar with the eGo 650mah+ batteries you already have an idea of how long they last. I think any Voltie worth their salt should have an X2 or five on hand. :p

BTW - The difference between the autos and manual's is just like with any other batteries. The manuals IMO give a better vape than the autos because you have more control over the length of your hits. The manual X2's have a 5-clicky turn off/on feature which is nice also.

Last edited:

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Others can probably say all if this better. All the x2 is is a bigger battery, it works just like a volt and is about the diameter of an AA battery.

There is nothing wrong with the ce3's. I personally don't like them because I like to have more than one flavor at a time with me. So I found filling one of each of the five flavors that I'd want to take with me to work in the morning cumbersome.
If I wasn't the lazy person that I am I'd have filled a couple of each from the night before.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Welcome back to Voltville, Brandy!

I'm perfectly satisfied with the 78mm battery for the convenience, and I can go through three or four in a day. I am a fan of the CE3. The syringe thing isn't all that bad at all. Heck, I'm old and feeble and wear glasses and yet I can fill them with no problem at all. Makes me feel like a "mad scientist"! Now I use a 10ml syringe and load them wholesale, takes care of a few days of vaping at a time that way. I did have a bad experience with the Nano, but others have had good experiences. I'm hoping the next shipment will eliminate the things that disappointed me.

An X2-650 lasts me all day but is substantially heavier and bigger in diameter than a 78mm or 65mm. It doesn't work well for hands free operation...I dropped one in a pot of marinara one day. With a clearo on them they are great and I am waiting for the T3 to come out, bigger capacity and a bottom coil.

Overall, the CE3/Nano/clearo/T3 are far more convenient than a carton and they all work on the smaller batteries as well. You can easily see how much liquid is left without guessing all the time. The flavor and vapor output are far superior, at least to me, as well. Heck, give them all a shot, they all work well and you'll probably find that each one has it's best times for use!

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Welcome Back Brandy - as a newbie to ecigs and vaping, I have no desire to wander off the Volt path. I got my first kit on 8-30, two 78mm autos and have since purchased three (count them THREE) X2's - two 900mah, one manual, one auto, and one 650mah (it's a really pretty pink - raspberry.) I have cartos prefilled, extra long blank cartos, CE3's (which I love) and a Nano (which is now working to perfection.) Looking forward to the clearos coming back in and the new T3's sound wonderful. Wow...all that in just three weeks...egads (it didn't seem so bad till I put it in writing.) My daughter's boyfriend even loaned me his two 65mm black auto batteries (not sealed) that he got with his starter kit a year ago and both of those are still going strong.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
ok ok i will order some 78s too. I prefer them over the 65s!! gotta have my black & purple. i will probably give everything a whirl except the manuals. I don't care to press a button. See, LAZY!

It's not a question of being lazy at all! How can you vape with no hands if you've gotta press a button? Now if they come out with a manual that's activated by brain waves......but then I might have a problem getting it to activate.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Welcome back, Brandy - sometimes you just have to take the scenic route to find your way home! :)

The auto X2s are nice, but the manual X2s have a longer cut-off. (what was it, like 5 secs for an auto and 10 secs for the manual?)

If you have to order right now, get what's in stock. But I think early next week, the T3s and more clearos come in. I think Imagine said the Nanos are getting reworked and won't be back till October...which is around when the new flavors start rolling in.

1st Officer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2012
Central Virginia
As a collector of PVs, Blu, Ego VV, Smoke 51, a few Discount no brand 510 setups, and 4 Volt 78s which led me to SI and have been a very happy customer of this fine establishment for almost 3 months (Collection was completely unintentional merely in search of the perfect Vape in order to break a nasty 35 year analog habit) I would recommend the X2 Manual and the Clearomizers, I also have XL SS Cartos, Nanos, Ce3s, but the Clearos are my go to tank. I have 8-X2s 5-Manual and 3-Automatics (all but one are 1300mah) and the autos are great for Vaping while riding my Motorcycle but the manuals will give you a nice warm Vape like nothing you have ever experienced. The Autos also are nice but require a primer puff or two sometimes where the Manual will take the top of your head off if you press and hold the button a second or two before you vape, sometimes I like a hefty hit and the Manuals never disappoint. The Clearos which I hoard can be a pain if you don't disassemble them and clean them (very simple process) every 5 or 6 tank fulls otherwise you will experience darkening juice and dry hits as they slowly get clogged, YUK. Some say the Clearos leak but I've only had one that did and with a little adjusting to the battery post the leak went away. I think the secret is to not over tighten the clearo, just snug it. They last a very long time if you will keep them clean. I have the original 6 I bought in rotation but I have a total of 25 because SI threatened to discontinue them when the rumored T-3 comes out so I went crazy and bought a bunch plus I had a Birthday recently and asked everyone to get me Clearos. I DIY and Vape quite a variety of flavors and Nic strengths starting most mornings with a coffee @12 mg/ml and by the end of the day I will be Vaping an 18mg/ml of some sort. All of my juices are 100%VG and I always make sure my Nic Liquid is VG based same with flavorings and get a cloud of vapor you can hide behind. so there you have my opinion YMMV. Happy Hunting and welcome back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread