Switching to VG only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Right now I vape PG/VG usually a ratio of 70/30 or 60/40, and I love the ratio. It's perfect for me. With that said, since I started vaping my fibromyalgia has gotten worse. Could be a coincidence, or not. Don't know. But the idea has been thrown out that perhaps I have a PG sensitivity, and to try going VG only.

I have a lot of PG/VG juce, so this won't be any time in the near near future, but I am thinking about it.

Maybe :unsure:

Questions:

What's the real difference between PG/VG?

How does VG compare to PG in flavor, TH, vapor?

Does one "vape" better than the other?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Happy Vaping :vapor:

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Hello. I can't do much pg, myself. vg is great for vapor production. some feel that pg is best for flavor, but i don't have much problem with that. Now, for throat hit, i add distilled water to my diy mixes, and that works well for me. If i want that kick, i vape with 5v,6v, or my phidias's

I know I have to thin out the VG a bit w distilled water due to it being too thick by itself for the ego T system. Is adding 1-2 small drops per 1 ml (in the tank) a correct measure in your opinion? Thanks for helping with this.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I just recently switched to VG from PG and PG blends because I was getting strange symptoms (feeling nauseous, arms aching, head feeling fuzzy all the time). I think the PG held flavor way better and had more throat hit. The VG has way more vapor. If I was you I would just order a few juices from good vendors that are all VG and just use it exclusively for a few days or a week and see how you feel. I ordered from AVE Juice, and you can request that they add extra flavor (which I did because i really think the flavor gets muted with all VG). I also have heard that Virgin Vapor does a really great all VG liquid (and they also offer an extra flavor option). Good luck!

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
you can ask annette at virgin vapor to thin them when you get the comments box before finalizing the order. i use double flavor, then thin

I have only used her standard flavor so far and they are also full-bodied. I am still in the testing stage in the juice market but I do not want oodles of bottles of juice, ha. From what I know so far, VV is a definite keeper. Annette is so personable and I cannot imagine anyone not lovin' her store.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Right now I vape PG/VG usually a ratio of 70/30 or 60/40, and I love the ratio. It's perfect for me. With that said, since I started vaping my fibromyalgia has gotten worse. Could be a coincidence, or not. Don't know. But the idea has been thrown out that perhaps I have a PG sensitivity, and to try going VG only.

I have a lot of PG/VG juce, so this won't be any time in the near near future, but I am thinking about it.

Maybe :unsure:

Questions:

What's the real difference between PG/VG?

How does VG compare to PG in flavor, TH, vapor?

Does one "vape" better than the other?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Happy Vaping :vapor:

Hi JB

Can you fill us in on what symptoms seem to have become worse? Adverse or allergic reactions attributed to PG or VG are pretty broad, so I'm curious to know what aspects of your FM you think have become worse.

How is your relationship with the MD treating your FM? Do you feel comfortable running this concern past him/her?

Myself, I had what I considered an allergic reaction to PG in the first week of vaping. It started on day one as chronic mild nausea, with occasional allergic like itching. (The kind of itching you get in a positive response to an allergy "scratch" test.) After several days WHAM! After the first few vapes of a 100% PG liquid that day I had nausea, vomiting, persistent itching on my hands & wrists, and difficuly breathing. (It felt like my lungs were lined with cheesecloth...) Not "scary" to the point I thought I needed emergency intervention, but it did put me off vaping for the next two days. Stopped the PG right then and there, and the symptoms slowly went away over a few hours.

When I picked up vaping after that I went right to 100% VG. No nausea, no adverse reactions at all.

I ran it by my allergist he said he thought it was a PG allergic reaction. And apparently it's more common in the medical/allergist community that Dow Chemical would want you to believe. Still, it's obviously not a problem for the majority of vapers. I'm just saying there is potential for some people to have an adverse reaction to PG. According to my Allergist it is documented in the medical community.

Unfortunately my time trying out PG was so short that I can't provide much insight as to the difference in vape between PG and VG. And at the same time I don't know if I'm missing anything either. VG works for me!

Regarding your question "What's the real difference between PG/VG?" are you wondering about the vaping experience? Or the difference in chemical composition?

Rick

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Hi JB

Can you fill us in on what symptoms seem to have become worse? Adverse or allergic reactions attributed to PG or VG are pretty broad, so I'm curious to know what aspects of your FM you think have become worse.

How is your relationship with the MD treating your FM? Do you feel comfortable running this concern past him/her?

Myself, I had what I considered an allergic reaction to PG in the first week of vaping. It started on day one as chronic mild nausea, with occasional allergic like itching. (The kind of itching you get in a positive response to an allergy "scratch" test.) After several days WHAM! After the first few vapes of a 100% PG liquid that day I had nausea, vomiting, persistent itching on my hands & wrists, and difficuly breathing. (It felt like my lungs were lined with cheesecloth...) Not "scary" to the point I thought I needed emergency intervention, but it did put me off vaping for the next two days. Stopped the PG right then and there, and the symptoms slowly went away over a few hours.

When I picked up vaping after that I went right to 100% VG. No nausea, no adverse reactions at all.

I ran it by my allergist he said he thought it was a PG allergic reaction. And apparently it's more common in the medical/allergist community that Dow Chemical would want you to believe. Still, it's obviously not a problem for the majority of vapers. I'm just saying there is potential for some people to have an adverse reaction to PG. According to my Allergist it is documented in the medical community.

Unfortunately my time trying out PG was so short that I can't provide much insight as to the difference in vape between PG and VG. And at the same time I don't know if I'm missing anything either. VG works for me!

Regarding your question "What's the real difference between PG/VG?" are you wondering about the vaping experience? Or the difference in chemical composition?

Rick

As far as my symptoms, the main two symptoms that have been agressively worse are the overall widespread body pain and the lethargy. I'd def talk to my doc, but I won't see him until December.

As far as the difference between PG/VG goes, I am looking for more of the vaping experience. I know the difference in chemical composition pretty much. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread