Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Oddly enough, I don't know of one available right now? I'm sure one is coming, but I think wholesale on that chip is around $40 still? I guess thats why the 20w and 22w versions mods hit first.........cheaper...?

I'm waiting too.... the only 30w I know of is the evic supreme but they claim its NOT a sx350 board.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Somebody posted the sx350 chip retail for $75, cant remember where.... I saw a samples quote from yihicigar the manufacture for $4x.00 each (cant remember exactly, call it $45).

Yeah these mod makers dont understand the walmart method of sales..... sell a thousand of them at $50 profit, instead of a hundred of them at $200 profit.... :facepalm:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
You can get the chip at eciggity for $69, and there's a coupon code for 10% off. Google it.

I too want a SX350 MOD and am upset that modders haven't jumped on this faster.

So I decided to buy the parts and attempt to build one myself. Most of the wiring is already done.

All of the parts together are $91, and that includes aluminum enclosure, 18650 battery holder, SS Switch, 510 connector, and chip.

Fegbri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Berlin, NJ
You can get the chip at eciggity for $69, and there's a coupon code for 10% off. Google it.

So I decided to buy the parts and attempt to build one myself. Most of the wiring is already done.

All of the parts together are $91, and that includes aluminum enclosure, 18650 battery holder, SS Switch, 510 connector, and chip.

Can you post or pm me with where you got the parts?

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Oh dude, I for sure want to see that! Make sure you PM me with the picture thread link ;)

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
So assuming $40 for the chip, that's $213 for a box with a 510 connection and some buttons. Jayzus.
Yes it is true. Modders are making some nice bread on these devices. Really all of them, the DNA'a too. I don't complain, I do not want the hassle of building myself. It is also tedious work, definitely, do not want to minimize what they are doing. You think that KP presale is expensive, go check out the Hana's on ebay:facepalm:

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Give it a month or two, and there will be plenty to choose from. China needs to put these in a box, and they'll sell like hot cakes. This is the chip I was hoping would be in the Hana clones. I'm not huge on the tilting function, but I'm sure I could live with it considering the way I've heard the chip performs.

Here's one of the mods I've seen. Probably will be impossible to get. I'll wait for China to make a small box mod that uses a single 18650 with this chip. Can you imagine how many they would sell priced around $100!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9TeQdOw9o&list=PL_R1vI9-ZghURd43aqgrBMKSqa5VmQ1lF

Last edited:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Can you post or pm me with where you got the parts?

16mm anti-vandal SS switch from eBay.
Hammond 1590A enclosure from Mouser.com
18650 battery holder from Digi-key
510 connector from Fat Daddy
chip from eciggity

Since I made my original order, I changed my mind on the 510 connector and went with the more expensive Fat Daddy which brought my price up to about $95. But that doesn't include any milling I'll have to do. I'm thinking when all is said and done, I should be able to get all of the parts and work done for about $120.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
there are custom made sx350's on ebay

Yes, but they aren't cheap. One guy uses a small Hammond box and is wanting $300. That's about $200 more than it cost to buy the parts. And I'd bet that, with as many as he has to sell, he bought them at much cheaper than $70 per.

I'm sure they perform great, but until there is more than a milled out die cast aluminum box that cost $6.99 retail, $300 seems obscene.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Yes, but they aren't cheap. One guy uses a small Hammond box and is wanting $300. That's about $200 more than it cost to buy the parts. And I'd bet that, with as many as he has to sell, he bought them at much cheaper than $70 per.

I'm sure they perform great, but until there is more than a milled out die cast aluminum box that cost $6.99 retail, $300 seems obscene.

I think the total for the parts comes out 120ish so yeah, huge markup. Early adopter fees

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I think the total for the parts comes out 120ish so yeah, huge markup. Early adopter fees

I've just purchased all of the parts.

Box, chip, 510 connector, switch, battery holder.

$92.

He uses some kind of dual lipo setup which may add a bit more to the cost, but I'm not positive his batteries have the amp rating necessary to do the job.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I've just purchased all of the parts.

Box, chip, 510 connector, switch, battery holder.

$92.

He uses some kind of dual lipo setup which may add a bit more to the cost, but I'm not positive his batteries have the amp rating necessary to do the job.
I own a couple of Mods from the particular seller. The Amp ratings are fine. The guy I deal with does great work too!!
EDIT: 25c lipos

Last edited:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I own a couple of Mods from the particular seller. The Amp ratings are fine. The guy I deal with does great work too!!
EDIT: 25c lipos

Good to know.

I couldn't decipher what C rating the batteries were and went based on look when I did my comparisons.

The MOD I'm sure works great, but $300 for a Hammond box with a $70 chip and some batteries is still too much. A professionally done SX350 MOD from BC Modz is cheaper than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread