Syringe Carto Mod (Homeade) (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
Ok guys and girls, I'm going to attempt to recreate this Cartomizer Syringe mod originally started by USAGold101 on Youtube.

I'm going to attempt this the way he shows you, with a 20mL syringe. I'm ALSO going to purchase a 60mL syringe and see if that works as well.

If this does work, I'll will be posting a very detailed tutorial on how to do both kinds and where to buy your supplies, because I sure turned a lot of heads going to the WalMart, Target, and CVS Pharmacy asking for a 20mL syringe.

So yeah, Tractor Supply Co. is where you can purchase higher capacity needles, as seen here.

So far I've seen a 3, 6, 10, 12, 20, 30, 35, 40, 50 and even, yes, 60ML capacity syringes. However they're all sold in-store only. So if you don't live near a TSC, that kind of sucks :(, however I live 5 minutes from one, so that made me VERY happy! :D

Anyways, it's getting pretty late and I don't feel like running to the store so I'm going to pre-punch some of my cartos tonight and tomorrow I'll pick up the syringes and I'll be sure to take lots of pics with my webcam to keep you guys updated on how I'm doing! :)

Thanks everyone!
-Big D

UPDATE: 11:22PM Tues Dec. 27th

Ok, since my cartomizers were "black" (aka they're a piece of stainless steel with a black sticker on it) I had to slowly peel away the sticker and then use a steel bristle brush to get the bulk of adhesive off the carto then a wet rag, back to brush, wet rag, repeat, etc. So yeah, that's finally done.

Here's a pic

Yeah, you can really see the marks the steel brush made, oh well, it'll just make it look cooler when I'm done!! >: )

Last edited:

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
Ok guys, sorry for the triple post/bump but here's my tutorial on the 20mL syringe tank.

Anyways, I will actually be putting up a video sometime soon but because my father is coming back from a long business trip tomorrow everything is pretty hectic. I will get the video up as soon as possible without embarassing myself in front of my family, haha (they think I'm a little nuts when it comes to ecigs and seeing me make a video tutorial will just give them ammo, lol :p)

Items Needed:
(1) 4-Pack of 20mL syringes from Tractor Supply Co. (can only be bought in-store in the Equine [Horse] section) Also, they're usually housed behind glass, so you'll need assistance.

(1) Metal Hacksaw, Dremel, or anything that's meant to cut THIN metals. (your carto)

(1) Pipe cutters or plastic hacksaw (for cutting the syringe) or really anything that can cut plastic. Pipe cutters make the cleanest cut, however a plastic hacksaw WILL get the job done.

(1) Hammer

(1) small piece of sheet metal, or large metal coin (something to distribute force while punching a hole in your syringe plug)

(1) school notebook or just a book (used in punching a hole in the syringe plug)

(1) sharpie/pen (anything to mark your syringe/carto)

(1) Brain

(1) approx. 30 minutes of your time

Step 1:

Ok, so you have your pack of 4 syringes. Open them all up and make sure you throw the trash all over your room to let people know you're doing stuff.

Step 2: Take the plungers out and remove the black plastic tops. Make sure to keep the plunger out after you're done.

Step 3: Take the carto you wish to turn into a tank and simply put it next to your syringe it doesn't matter where but if you need assistance I face the battery end towards the needle-end of the syringe. On the battery end where your cartomizer is as wide as it will go (don't mark the syringe at the begging of the carto, I mean after the connector) go slightly inwards leaving a teeny tiny bit of space for messups (like 3mm maybe) MARK YOUR SYRINGE now go to the other end and mark it where you wish your tank to end. I usually give myself about a pencil width of space at the end (for putting a drip tip on)

Step 4: So now, assuming you've made two marks on your syringe and are ready to cut take out your plastic hacksaw or whatever you have to cut plastic and cut the marks! (TAKE YOUR TIME PLEASE. It's not a race and I promise you, I will show you a picture later, you DON'T want to rush, because your needles wont be the only thing that's beveled in your household if you don't take your time and hold your hacksaw/razor/whatever straight, firm and take your time.

Step 5: Now that you've cut your syringe which will hereby be referred to as "tank". I am very happy for you! good job! If you used a hacksaw or anything serated, take a little bit of your time and try to scrape off those nasty plastic scraps

Step 6: Now you have your tank and if you used pipe cutters I probably should've told you to skip step 5. Take your cartomizer that you would like to punch or slit ( use for your tank) whip out your quarter/sheet metal/whatever, a notebook and a hammer oh yeah, also your syringe plugs. Now take out the end piece of your carto (those dumb plastic things) and place it in the hole-end of your syringe plug (not the smooth side) and turn your carto upside down on the book. So from bottom to up it would be in this order: book, battery end of carto, syringe plug. hold the hammer in one hand and your sheet metal in the other and place it over the syringe plug and give it a couple medium bangs. If you did it right, your carto should have punctured through the plug with no problems and you didn't have to damage your threads! :) if the rubber got stuck in your carto fish it out or just stab it with your needle and pull it out and whatnot.

Repeat Step 6 with your other syringe plug

Step 7: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. If you do not cut/puncture your carto in the correct area, you'll have wasted a carto, so do this CAREFULLY. Once again, some people use measurements and whatnot but that's dumb. I don't know the exact measurement of the syringe plug you have. What if your plug was 3/4inch long and mine was a 1/2 inch. I'd tell you to make a slit/puncture at 3/5' inch, and you would have made a slit inside your plug and the tank wouldn't work. SO with that being said. Take your syringe plug and insert the battery end of your carto from the SMOOTH side. So your battery end should go through the smooth side first and out of the hole-end. Push it down until you have enough space to screw your carto onto your ecig (like 3mm after the connector). and make a mark with whatever you have, then simply make your slit or puncture it ON THE MARK. (I suggest taking the syringe plug off, then making a slit. Now just put the syringe plug back on the way you had it before

Step 8: Now place your tank over your carto and syringe plug. Now place your second syringe plug (SMOOTH SIDE FACING BATTERY-END) and slide it right in the hole.

Step 9: Pat yourself on the back, because you're DONE.

Step 10: FILLING YOUR TANK. This is the easiest part. All you have to do (especially if you have a beveled needle, it's very easy, I highly suggest a beveled needle) fill your syringe with whatever amount of eliquid you'd like to put in your tank and then use the beveled end facing outwards towards the plastic and sort of just finagle your needle straight through, WITHOUT PUNCTURING THE RUBBER (keep pressure on it to make the needle slide along the plastic, the same way you would fill up a carto until you're through. Now just turn it upside-down and fill. CONGRATULATIONS!

I will actually be adding pictures and whatnot to this because the video will likely take a while. but I promise I'll get a video up here. :p

Thanks everyone,
-BFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread