Not open for further replies.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Hello again Super T team. Today I received my Velocity brass T-tips and they are lovely! Normally, don't care for this particular design, but the brass option is what gained my attention.

I have always been a fan of stainless steel because well, it's stainless. However, getting into brass accents has been a new venture for me and as it turns out, I quite like it.

Looking forward, I would like to express to the Super T team, how much I would appreciate your full line (and future) T-tips to be offered in brass as well.

I feel in the case of the ELA, teamed up with brass accent rings, a brass T-tip could really "tie the room together" like an oriental rug in a California condo.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I kinda wondered about that also?

Brass does contain a low amount of lead (even so called "lead-free" brass contains lead) for machinability (typically .25 - 4%). The maximum lead blood level allowed by the fda is
25 (µg/dl) and food and medicine products consumed are not to contain more the 1 part per million. How much of a tip would actually dissolve away and enter the body and would it exceed those recommended levels? I don't know at this point, and since i don't know, to error on the side of caution, i'm going to pull them from the shelf until i can research it more.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello again Super T team. Today I received my Velocity brass T-tips and they are lovely! Normally, don't care for this particular design, but the brass option is what gained my attention.

I have always been a fan of stainless steel because well, it's stainless. However, getting into brass accents has been a new venture for me and as it turns out, I quite like it.

Looking forward, I would like to express to the Super T team, how much I would appreciate your full line (and future) T-tips to be offered in brass as well.

I feel in the case of the ELA, teamed up with brass accent rings, a brass T-tip could really "tie the room together" like an oriental rug in a California condo.

I love the way brass accents add a two tone look. Ill be doing several brass accents for the ELA:)

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I think if we swallowed one of these brass T-tips, then there might be reason for concern. But just by sucking vapor through them, I don't see how we can "extract" lead from it. I used to eat paint chips as a baby and I turned out fine! :p

The vaporization of e-liquid might do it as it passes thru the Brass tip???

I don't know at this point, and since i don't know, to error on the side of caution, i'm going to pull them from the shelf until i can research it more. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Of course I tried to order one as soon as I read this...

Pulling them from the shelf is *exactly* why I jumped all over it when I saw them on the site! :D

Last edited:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
I for one am liking the Blued T-tips as well now. But why just Velocity? I would really REALLY like to see these offered in the models as well. And you already know how I feel about the brass.

The Velocity's look nice and all, but they feel really awkward in my mouth. Don't flame me, but it feels like a large tip in my mouth. :blink::unsure:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I for one am liking the Blued T-tips as well now. But why just Velocity? I would really REALLY like to see these offered in the models as well. And you already know how I feel about the brass.

The Velocity's look nice and all, but they feel really awkward in my mouth. Don't flame me, but it feels like a large tip in my mouth. :blink::unsure:

I also dont like the feel of the Velocity tip in my mouth....its the cut out groove that feels stange...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread