T2 CC Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince Clortho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
upstairs
Hi gang, new to the forum and to vaping (only 1.5 months in, but not looking back). Look forward to chatting and hearing other vaper's thoughts.

As the subject of this post implies, I am using a T2 CC Cartomizer that I purchased from a local shop. It seems like a fairly decent device but I am a bit worried for two reasons:

1. The only place I can find to get replacement parts is heaven-gifts. Looking about the forum I see they are a reputable seller, which is great. However the shipping times and fees ($18 US for a few grams worth of package is a bit high) are somewhat prohibitive. Anyone else have better search-fu than me, or know of a reputable spot in the US to get replacements?

2. The inconsistency of the unit is troublesome. Enormous plumes of vapor half the time, and the other half barely any vapor at all. I realize I have to keep the wick wet, and do so, to no avail. The kit came with two tanks, and 5 wick/coil units. So far, in a months time, I have used all but one wick/coil unit, this including the two wick/coil units that came with each tank. I must be doing something wrong.

Unfortunately my local shop isn't much help. They are nice enough, but in the end not very helpful with tips.

Thanks for reading. Any and all thoughts welcome.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
You should be trying to clean those Heads/CCs!

I have five of them and four of them are still going strong after a month. Because I clean them just about every other day.

Yup you have to keep the Wicks Wet. I do that by vaping at a 90 degree level, essentially my eCig being parallel to the ground, if you would. This ensures that the wicks pretty much stay in contact with the juice.

What type of Juice are you using? Don't tell me, DeKang?

I had Sooooo much trouble using DeKang juice and getting Dry Hits - when you actually get a hit but it burns like crazy and the vapor looks very thin!

Go onto YouTube and search for how to clean attys and clearomizers. Most of the stuff for Clearomizers will be for the Stardust CE4 by Vision. Most of that can be applied to the T2.

With the T2 you need to remove the Head. Remove the Plastic bit on the head, then there is a Metal Piece that is removable at the tip of the head where the Vapor comes out of as it enters the tip. Do not loose these bits!!!

What I do is take what is left of the head and soak them in Isopropyl Alcohol, preferably 91%; for about an hour or two. You will see most of the color from the juices disappear. After that I soak them in Water to get rid of the IPA - the alcohol.

Then take the head out of the water - do not add the pieces you removed back onto the head just yet. Try to shake off most of the water from the head and place it on one of your T2s! Now just start firing up the Head until you see the coils turning red hot. This is Dry Burning and really isn't suggested to be done by the manufacturers. There is also a greater chance that you might Pop your Coil when you do this so be cautious. If you have a good Mod Battery it should shut off after 10 seconds or so. You will hear the Heads sizzling and such before everything is done.

You know you are done when the Head stops sizzling. This means that the head is completely dry. If your coil and wick in the head were especially dirty you may want to repeat the process from the dipping in water part a time or two depending on how mucked up the Coil and Wick are.

You really shouldn't be going through your heads that quickly.

The best place on the net for buying replacement T2 heads at the moment is here:

Kanger T2 Sunfire 1.7-1.9ohm Replacement Atomizer Heads - Vaping Me

Those are the Version Two T2 Long Wick Heads, they look different because they are different. Conventional Wisdom would tell us that the Longer Wicks would help in getting in more eJuice but that hasn't been the experience from some of the folks here. They say it works about the same as the originals V1 short wick heads with the Juice Cups near the bottom of the heads.

If you have anymore questions please respond.

Vince Clortho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
upstairs
Sweet, thanks so much for the detailed response! I have looked about the innerwebs prior to posting, but my T2 is different than most models I see, including Kanger. Most are threaded for ego and have varying differences in parts.

As for juice, I have tried several different kinds, but no Dekang. Primevaping, Pink Spot and E-liquids are the brands/shops I have used so far.

So just for giggles I just rinsed my tank, cartomizer head (the little thingy with the wicks/coils) and then dry burned until the smoking stopped. Viola, I think it's ok now. Will continue to do so a couple times a week. Thanks again.

Couple more questions:

1. On occasion I find the tank has leaked from the threads area onto the battery. Is this normal?

2. On occasion the tanks don't work when I put them on the battery. No sound from the coil at all, no nothing. Generally a bit of fiddling with the piece that touches the battery gets it working again. Is this normal?

3. The piece that touched the battery on the bottom of the tank has a flat-head screwdriver notch, which I have used to get the tank working again (re: question 2). This piece is odd in that it moves but neither gets tighter nor looser. What gives?

Thanks for the help. I am really glad I signed up, and hope to be helping others soon.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
2. On occasion the tanks don't work when I put them on the battery. No sound from the coil at all, no nothing. Generally a bit of fiddling with the piece that touches the battery gets it working again. Is this normal?

3. The piece that touched the battery on the bottom of the tank has a flat-head screwdriver notch, which I have used to get the tank working again (re: question 2). This piece is odd in that it moves but neither gets tighter nor looser. What gives?

Thanks for the help. I am really glad I signed up, and hope to be helping others soon.

That piece that has the screw head just goes thru a rubber O ring that keeps the connection in place, if it gets damaged the tank can leak. All so it may have a wire connected to it and the coil, if it does and the wire breaks, container will quite working. Some connection problems can be solved by raising the middle post a little. The biggest problem that I have is solved by cleaning the extra juice out of the battery side connection, too much juice around the battery connection = no air going thru = no/very little vapor.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
The "flat head screwdriver notch" is actually slots for the air to pass through to the center post when everything is connected together.

I have had much better luck with the Vivi Nova than you have had with the T2. I think I will give the T2 a pass for now. I enjoy having no leaks from my clearo.

Relax, Enjoy!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
.. The best place on the net for buying replacement T2 heads at the moment is here:

Kanger T2 Sunfire 1.7-1.9ohm Replacement Atomizer Heads - Vaping Me
Kind of a lame vendor, they post Lord Davon's very positive review where he specifically states he is using the under-cup version (not the one they are selling), and why he thinks it works so well.

kanger-ego-head-2T.jpg%3F1340730771

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Hi gang, new to the forum and to vaping (only 1.5 months in, but not looking back). Look forward to chatting and hearing other vaper's thoughts.

As the subject of this post implies, I am using a T2 CC Cartomizer that I purchased from a local shop. It seems like a fairly decent device but I am a bit worried for two reasons:

1. The only place I can find to get replacement parts is heaven-gifts. Looking about the forum I see they are a reputable seller, which is great. However the shipping times and fees ($18 US for a few grams worth of package is a bit high) are somewhat prohibitive. Anyone else have better search-fu than me, or know of a reputable spot in the US to get replacements?

2. The inconsistency of the unit is troublesome. Enormous plumes of vapor half the time, and the other half barely any vapor at all. I realize I have to keep the wick wet, and do so, to no avail. The kit came with two tanks, and 5 wick/coil units. So far, in a months time, I have used all but one wick/coil unit, this including the two wick/coil units that came with each tank. I must be doing something wrong.

Unfortunately my local shop isn't much help. They are nice enough, but in the end not very helpful with tips.

Thanks for reading. Any and all thoughts welcome.

I've read the rest of the posts here and the T2 is a Kanger device. If genuine Kanger parts don't fit, then I would hesitate to call it a T2.
If you want genuine you can get it here, They have a price match on like goods.

Cartomizers and Clearomizers

EDIT - I went to your link. That kit looks like an EGo clone battery with a Kanger T2 clearo and heads. Pic is a little fuzzy so hard to tell for sure.Even harder to tell reading the text. They say Ego gear won't work but if you read the battery instructions, it's actually called an EGO at one point. Someone with more experience want to take a crack at it?

Last edited:

Vince Clortho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
upstairs
No it's not an ego. My wife has one and the threads are different for the tank and battery.

This model really has an unfortunate name, t2. It makes things confusing. So much so that upon going to my local shop to ask questions and pick up an extra tank, they ended giving me a t2 alright, but threaded for ego, not my model. Joyetech makes the ego, kanger makes a t2 tank and my t2 cc cartomizer (the name on the box) is made by someone else.... I think :)

Tappytalkin' on my gNex

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Sweet, thanks so much for the detailed response! I have looked about the innerwebs prior to posting, but my T2 is different than most models I see, including Kanger. Most are threaded for ego and have varying differences in parts.

As for juice, I have tried several different kinds, but no Dekang. Primevaping, Pink Spot and E-liquids are the brands/shops I have used so far.

So just for giggles I just rinsed my tank, cartomizer head (the little thingy with the wicks/coils) and then dry burned until the smoking stopped. Viola, I think it's ok now. Will continue to do so a couple times a week. Thanks again.

Couple more questions:

1. On occasion I find the tank has leaked from the threads area onto the battery. Is this normal?

Hi Vince, first, if you dry burn, i would limit it to 5 seconds on unless you know for sure otherwise.
I just finished my 3rd day with a Kanger t2 and have no liquid on my battery, which somewhat surprises me in that my Vision normally do have a drop now and then.....but its no big deal, just wipe it up with a tissue.
As far as connecting to the battery......Its different than the Vision clearomizer in that, it uses the outside ego threads [skirt], instead of the inside 510 threads. I also believe that it could very easily be overtightened. So ive been very gently tightening mine on and have not made contact with the battery on occasion....just tighten alittle more. The liquid on top of the battery is also going to make for bad connection. Hopefully that adds something to help you.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Kind of a lame vendor, they post Lord Davon's very positive review where he specifically states he is using the under-cup version (not the one they are selling), and why he thinks it works so well.

I'm not sure, which is which, but, i like what i got from this vendor and it looks like what you got pictured. Only been using it 3 days,but been vaping heavy [first perfect diy juice i"ve made] and its performing better than my Vision v2[short and long wick]. No dry hits,no leaks and more vaper. I'm happy so far.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good instructions Salty. That was nice of you to spell it out for the OP. I use T2's also and that's how I clean them out. I just use denatured alcohol or Everclear though (same difference) and sometimes I just use warm water. I'm also using mini novas and are starting to like them more than the T2's. But the jury is still out and it must be noted that the mini nova costs nearly twice as much as the T2. I also have the same connection problems that the OP has. I am continually having to fuss with the battery post to lift it out. I have not experienced this with my mini novas yet.

Last edited:

Vince Clortho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
upstairs
I'm not sure, which is which, but, i like what i got from this vendor and it looks like what you got pictured. Only been using it 3 days,but been vaping heavy [first perfect diy juice i"ve made] and its performing better than my Vision v2[short and long wick]. No dry hits,no leaks and more vaper. I'm happy so far.

Those are the ones. The heads for the ego based t2 tanks seem to be interchangeable but not the tanks themselves. Bummer that.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield

Just a quick response here. Vaping Me has the replacement HEads for 99 Cents a Piece, and dammit that's who is getting my business!!!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Just a quick response here. Vaping Me has the replacement HEads for 99 Cents a Piece, and dammit that's who is getting my business!!!
I guess we are cut from a different cloth, I don't do business with vendors who are either too stupid or purposely misrepresent what they are selling, just to save a few cents.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

Its easy to make mistakes in this messy e-cig world.
After taking my T2 apart for cleaning, the head is as the picture....under-cup and very short wicks.
The replacement heads are longer wicks and no under-cup.......but the under-cup can easily be moved to the new head if one choses.
This vendor also gave me 2 free heads in my order, something only one other vender in 12 has done. I will reorder from this vender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread