Tabanon Base Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckar01

Apr 6, 2022

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Hi everyone i want to make the old fashioned flavor M Type from TPA.

As i check from TPA website we need Bitter Nut + Tabanon
Perfumers Apprentice - Bitter Nut Extra Flavor
Perfumers Apprentice - Tabanon

As many of the vapers that vape M TYPE live in Europe so can not purchase from USA do anyone know if Tabanon from Europe is safe for use insteed of Tabanon of TPA?

Regards!
Tabanon or tabanone is just another flavoring. If you get it from a vape flavor company it should be safe, but in any case I would check the data sheet for ingredients. If you have a source of where you plan to purchase I would be happy to look at the ingredients and give you my uneducated opinion. Good luck.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As many of the vapers that vape M TYPE live in Europe so can not purchase from USA do anyone know if Tabanon from Europe is safe for use insteed of Tabanon of TPA?

Huh? :?: Why can't people who live in Europe order from TPA in the US? They're just selling flavorings....not vaping items. Many of us in the US order some flavorings that we can't get here, from European websites.

We can also still order items that are definitely vaping related, from other websites in Europe.

• Agree
Reactions: FranC

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Huh? :?: Why can't people who live in Europe order from TPA in the US? They're just selling flavorings....not vaping items. Many of us in the US order some flavorings that we can't get here, from European websites.

We can also still order items that are definitely vaping related, from other websites in Europe.
I think the reason is that the E.U. classifies Tabanon as a toxic chemical, probably even as HAZMAT. I don’t think TPA would ship that flavor to Europe, and even if they could, it would be $12 for the bottle and $300 to ship. And forget about vaping, that is a toxic chemical all on its own, it will kill fish and make people pretty sick just in general, no vaping required.

In the OP note, the first flavoring was the replacement for Tabanon, they originally discontinued Tabanon like 10 years ago. I am surprised it is back on the market. At least that is how I interpreted the question. Thanks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
In the OP note, the first flavoring was the replacement for Tabanon, they originally discontinued Tabanon like 10 years ago. I am surprised it is back on the market. At least that is how I interpreted the question. Thanks.

The OP note said something different to me, and seems to jive with what's on TPA's website. I don't think I'm mistaken, but it's possible.

On their website it says Bitter Nut Extra Flavor is: "A toasty, smokey, nutty flavor! This is the same flavor as M Type, but without the ingredient Tabanon." The flavor isn't a replacement for Tabanon. So, while the flavor will be the same as in the old M Type...whatever nuance the additive Tabanon imparted to it, won't be there any more.

That's why they give the formula for making their old M Type flavor, if someone wants to buy the flavor and the Tabanon from them and make various amounts of it themselves. At a price of $19.00 for only 4ml of Tabanon though, not counting S/H, that's very costly, IMO.

Bitter Nut Extra Flavor- 1 gallon
Tabanon - 45 grams (one 30ml bottle plus one 15ml bottle)

4oz of Bitter Nut Extra Flavor + 1.4ml Tabanon (Approximately 18 drops) = M-Type (purchase 4ml Tabanon)

16oz of Bitter Nut Extra Flavor + 5.625 ml (Approximately one 4ml vial + 32 drops) of Tabanon = M-Type (purchase two 4ml Tabanon or one 15ml Tabanon).

As far as the answer to his question...I have no idea what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

deckar01

Apr 6, 2022
Because of the Taxes of countries that do not belong to EU it is not safe anymore to Βuy from TPA, so the most secureoption is from countries of Europe.

But Tabanon is hard to find. I have made enough research about this flavor.
And actually is not a flavor but a base note.

My query is if Tabanon is safe for vaping and if Tabanon is a fixed trademark so there is no issue where you can buy it from. It has to do with the supplier but the manufacturer is Symrise. Or at least the one with the most stable quality.

I check that is not food grade and i guess that is why TPA discount it.

And the bitter nut flavor is not the same as Tabanon was the flavor that gives this unique Tobacco-floral note that makes M TYPE much special, no less for the vapes that use to vape this flavor.

But TPA gives us the flavors that makes the M TYPE flavor.

I think tabanon is not something dangerous, i do not know if any of us know why it is discounted, i do not think that if a flavor is not food grade then it is dangerous. I am not chemist but as i contact with friends that are chemist the Tabanon has one unique number and it has not to do with the supplier, Symrise is the basic one as for vaping of Tabanon no one knows exactly.

If anybody knows i would like to tell, it would be helpful.

Furthermore, is there any vaper that still vape M Type with the recipe of TPA?

Last edited:

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Because of the Taxes of countries that do not belong to EU it is not safe anymore to Βuy from TPA, so the most secureoption is from countries of Europe.

But Tabanon is hard to find. I have made enough research about this flavor.
And actually is not a flavor but a base note.

My query is if Tabanon is safe for vaping and if Tabanon is a fixed trademark so there is no issue where you can buy it from. It has to do with the supplier but the manufacturer is Symrise. Or at least the one with the most stable quality.

I check that is not food grade and i guess that is why TPA discount it.

And the bitter nut flavor is not the same as Tabanon was the flavor that gives this unique Tobacco-floral note that makes M TYPE much special, no less for the vapes that use to vape this flavor.

But TPA gives us the flavors that makes the M TYPE flavor.

I think tabanon is not something dangerous, i do not know if any of us know why it is discounted, i do not think that if a flavor is not food grade then it is dangerous. I am not chemist but as i contact with friends that are chemist the Tabanon has one unique number and it has not to do with the supplier, Symrise is the basic one as for vaping of Tabanon no one knows exactly.

If anybody knows i would like to tell, it would be helpful.

Furthermore, is there any vaper that still vape M Type with the recipe of TPA?
Tabanon is a toxic chemical. All you have to do is read the data sheet on the TPA web site to figure that out. TPA doesn’t even manufacture it anymore, they buy it from a supplier. It can cause skin blisters, create toxic fumes, kill fish and probably even more. Now whether it is safe to vape is a different question. I don’t know of any study on Tabanon’s safety in vaping. I am not sure how the EU classifies Tabanon, but you have to take many special precautions just to manufacture and handle that flavor. The TPA bitter nut flavor was TPA attempt to come to something close without using Tabanon. Your question about whether Tabanon is safe is valid, but I can’t answer, I think you will have to determine that for yourself. It will be hard to find, and probably pretty expensive. Good luck.

deckar01

Apr 6, 2022
I have found something like that:
https://www.bfr.bund.de/cm/349/frequently-asked-questions-about-e-cigarettes.pdf

Moreover i thought that if TPA sells tabanon then is ok for vaping as M Type was since TPA still sell the recipe. M Type was canceled because Tabanon was not food grade.

TPA as i see never manufactured Tabanon but only used it from Symrise or Vigon who are the main Suppliers.

Bitter Nut is just M Type (all flavors of m type) without the Tabanon base note that gives this special flavor to the recipe.

So no my guess is if any flavor that is not food grade should really canceled as FDA use to do?

I am not sure and i do not really know. I hoped to inform us any vaper here if has used the TPA Recipe so as to inform us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread