Tact switch! Need Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaos731

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
long Island, NY
I Want to use a tact switch for my mod box ( I like the clickyness) but I am confused about how to wire this up.

The tact switches have 4 leads instead of the customary 2 leads that normal switches have.

12VDC 50mA SPST 6.2x6.2 mm SMT Tact Switch, 9.5mm High - RadioShack.com

pRS1C-4479149w345.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to wire this up?
Do I just bridge the leads on either side and wire like a 2 lead momentary switch?

- Kaos

kaos731

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
long Island, NY
wait but it says 12volts @ 50ma. My mod box is only throwing 3.7 volts at a range of 2.5 -3.0 amps.

Are amps a bigger current than mili-amps?

and what is a "mosfet" where do I get one and how do I wire that up in relation to the switch?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a new modder and stepping away from the "safe & easy" standard 125volt @ 3.0 amp switches I've been using.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
One amp is 1000 milliamps. So yeah, amps are bigger than milliamps. Here's a video that shows the basics of N-channel mosfets which is what most people use.

I've used this one before. An N-channel mosfet goes between what you are powering and ground. The wiring sequence goes positive side of the battery to both the switch and the center of the atomizer. Other side of the switch to mosfet gate. Atomizer outside to mosfet drain. Mosfet source to negative side of the battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread