Taifun Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I've posted this on the Taifun thread, but I thought I'd get perspective from the larger group on rta.

I'vehad my authentic TGTII for a bit over a year and a half. I love it, but it's hard as hell to get replacement parts.

One screw is almost completely stripped on top, and I just used some replacement glass I had when the tank cracked. I tried to order screws last month but PayPal wouldnt go through on their site, and now I need to get some backup glass and they're out of stock. I can't seem to locate any other dealer that has authentic parts either. I don't know if clone parts will work or not. It's almost enough to make me try to find a new brand to switch to. Any advice?

I haven't been following any innovations in the ecig world since I found what works for me. Is the TGTII still relevant, or has the world moved on?

Any and all options or thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
looks like every thing you need is in stock on the smokerstore site?!?!?

No. They don't have any glass in stock, but they did *just* get some screws in (a whopping stock of 5).

Honestly, I've been thinking about this, and Smokerstore has never had much in the way of US distributors. I've used their products for two years, but with the difficulties I've had with their website, the spotty supply of maintenance parts, and costly overseas shipping and delays, I decided today to just get a Kayfun 5. There is a pretty decent US presence of authentic dealers, and the Kayfun line has always seemed well liked. The build appears as easy as a Taifun too, from what I can tell. It's ordered already.

I love my TGTII, but as good a product as it is, if it's not supported well by the manufacturer I want to see what else is out there I may like.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
No. They don't have any glass in stock, but they did *just* get some screws in (a whopping stock of 5).

Honestly, I've been thinking about this, and Smokerstore has never had much in the way of US distributors. I've used their products for two years, but with the difficulties I've had with their website, the spotty supply of maintenance parts, and costly overseas shipping and delays, I decided today to just get a Kayfun 5. There is a pretty decent US presence of authentic dealers, and the Kayfun line has always seemed well liked. The build appears as easy as a Taifun too, from what I can tell. It's ordered already.

I love my TGTII, but as good a product as it is, if it's not supported well by the manufacturer I want to see what else is out there I may like.

Just to add to the above:
I don't have a backup, so when I can't get parts I get antsy. At least this way I'll have a Kayfun 5 and a TGTII, so I'll have options.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread