Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A finished product, lol. What I mean is a product that doesn't leak, is easy to hand to a non-vaper and have them figure out without instructions, something easy to refill with zero chance of spillage and the size of a regular cigarette.

If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone is going to make a bigger idiot.

I'm putting together a starter kit for a friend's birthday. It's a 650mah battery, two EVOD tanks and a USB charger. It's small, lightweight and easily upgradable. Filling an EVOD takes bit of care, but hey... people spill milk trying to pour it into a 4" diameter cup...

Big Southpaw

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2013
Richmond, VA
Here's what i look to happen in the next few years....there will be some purity standards and production standards...that's necessary and a good thing.

Right now, the ecig movement has very low grade marketing at best. Good marketing is only marginally more expensive than bad marketing and creates something of far greater value. Right now, most vendors look like refugees from head shops and very few have any idea of branding. There will be some juice makers who will adopt a marketing stance that will create a value that transcends juice...and it won't just be the ones owned by big tobacco.

There will also be standards adopted for people who vape which will be generally accepted as reasonable...this will lead to the disappearance of the "smoke anywhere" plank on the vaper's platform.

That's what I'm seeing anyway.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
Here's what i look to happen in the next few years....there will be some purity standards and production standards...that's necessary and a good thing.

Right now, the ecig movement has very low grade marketing at best. Good marketing is only marginally more expensive than bad marketing and creates something of far greater value. Right now, most vendors look like refugees from head shops and very few have any idea of branding. There will be some juice makers who will adopt a marketing stance that will create a value that transcends juice...and it won't just be the ones owned by big tobacco.

There will also be standards adopted for people who vape which will be generally accepted as reasonable...this will lead to the disappearance of the "smoke anywhere" plank on the vaper's platform.

That's what I'm seeing anyway.

IMHO. I can see that and more. If vaping has real long term sustainable growth and I mean practically exponential, the government and big tobacco concerns will step in to "regulate" the industry. Economically, I think, they would have to. You can't have an unregulated industry, like vaping, subplant possibly the oldest economic institution in the country, i.e., tobacco. Vaping is basically in its infancy and look at the legislation and proposed legislation to regulate and control it already.

Lobbyists and politicians will bombard the media with messages of doom and gloom for the economy if eliquid manufacturers are allowed to produce their product w/o the regulation of the government. Then, they'll point fingers at the eliquid producers in China and tell us how they're taking American jobs while poisioning the citizens of the United States. Lastly, the medical industry will step in tell us that vaping is no better or worse than smoking and that they can say that because of the lack of medical evidence to the contrary.

When all is said and done, you'll have eliquids and paraphernalia regulated, just like tobacco. There will be a few companies given government blessings to mass produce inferior products and there will be outrageous costs to purchasing them.

Just my opinion though. Sorry if it's a bit of a rant. Any thoughts?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
How on earth did this topic become another rant of paranoia?

I want to see adjustable tops. Little twist here to increase/decrease flow rate. Little twist there to increase/decrease draw. Coupled with RBA and VW I think that would be as close as possible to the one size fits all ecig (other than size because there will always be people wanting cigarette size and battery power that small while leaving enough room for enough liquid is a long way away).

Lerxst

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
North of the wall
I would like to see a laser vapor. One that uses only a beam of light to vaporize liquid. No wires no wick, just a mechanism that acts like a fuel injector spray on a pure beam of energy. To go along with that, I would like to see the device have an integrated tank system that is a push and twist lock/seal with refillable compressed tank/canisters, and batteries that last a week before needing a recharge. There, that's a next level for a start...

Last edited:

Big Southpaw

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2013
Richmond, VA
I would like to see a laser vapor. One that uses only a beam of light to vaporize liquid. No wires no wick, just a mechanism that acts like a fuel injector spray on a pure beam of energy. To go along with that, I would like to see the device have an integrated tank system that is a push and twist lock/seal with refillable compressed tank/canisters, and batteries that last a week. There, that's a next level for a start...

....connected to a jet pack. They have been promising me a jet pack since I was a boy and it's high time we had it...wait a minute...how about a jet pack that is ALSO a PV and the vapor discharged actually propels you through the sky while you enjoy a refreshing fruity taste? Now THAT'S the ticket.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I believe there needs to be a PV that is user friendly for the general consumer...Sort of like the iPad is to the PC world. The disposable cig-a-likes are the closest thing to this already, but as we know they pale in comparison to the eGo or mod setups. There needs to be a battery that can last all day, a tank that is easy to refill and general flavors for the masses. We are enthusiasts and will always enjoy the tinkering, but I'm not going to get my grandfather or mother to quit smoking by handing them my Vamo and say "figure it out." I also hate to say it, but big box retailers are going to need to carry them or gas stations like they carry the cig-a-likes now. It just needs to be more convenient for someone that doesn't care about knowing how it works, but just wants it to work and be convenient.

Anyway for me, I want a battery that is as small, powerful and can last as long as the one on my iPhone. In fact, I want one that can recharge without plugging it in by using some sort of mat or solar energy to recharge. I also want better tank to battery compatibility. A tank that you can lock into your tank and not worry about pressing the center pin of the battery too far, and that will seal every time you snap it in.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
Anyway for me, I want a battery that is as small, powerful and can last as long as the one on my iPhone. In fact, I want one that can recharge without plugging it in by using some sort of mat or solar energy to recharge. I also want better tank to battery compatibility. A tank that you can lock into your tank and not worry about pressing the center pin of the battery too far, and that will seal every time you snap it in.

Hmmmm, How about this. Your battery is wafer thin, like the one they use in an ipod, then shaped cylindrical and sandwiched between vapor proof barriers. This would allow the size of the battery tube to be drastically reduced. Perhaps even double as the tank for vaping itself.

Picture a ProVari, but the entire battery compartment is the tank. You'd have to clean it everytime you changed juice flavors, but other than that it's strictly charge and go for the entire unit.

Last edited:

Mateo909

Jul 2, 2013
Memphis TN
I really want some of the top quality mechanical mods to be more readily available. I don't know if this means that modders need a staff to assist them for increased production, or need increased marketing. I know that part of the plan is to raise hype, and then release limited numbers at inflated prices. The process works, but it leaves a lot of us in the dust when it comes to purchasing a high end mod.

I know that we constantly have clones that are coming out, but we know most aren't equal to their originals, even aesthetically. If modders of the high end mods considered making some models that were a little lower in value, but still had a good look and a great modder's brand on it, they might see some increased profits.

Oh, and completely random, but I want a mod encased in a wood tube. Of course it would be a little thicker because the inner tube would still need to be metal, but I would love to see the modder who made Caravelas do a mod with wood. Considering the Caravela is an old wooden vessel, I think the idea would be awesome.

I want to see some sort of tank that can hold more than one flavor juice at a time and doesn't require too much effort to switch between flavors. Perhaps, something that has 3, 2ml compartments.

SmokTech apparently already has one. The reviews on this site seem to be good. Not too aesthetically pleasing, but if they sell well enough, I am sure Smok will end up making one that is a little better looking.

Smoktech Double Cartomizer Adaptor

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
Oh, and completely random, but I want a mod encased in a wood tube. Of course it would be a little thicker because the inner tube would still need to be metal, but I would love to see the modder who made Caravelas do a mod with wood. Considering the Caravela is an old wooden vessel, I think the idea would be awesome.

Smoktech Double Cartomizer Adaptor

Not necessarily. I am aware of an FDA approved, completely food safe coating that can be used on wood to waterproof it. I've seen it used in handmade bowls and cups used for food and drink. I am not sure, however, what would happen if you were to heat up liquid to the point of vaporization. You could create a tube tank, with a wafer battery, but you would have to feed your coil and wick system into the tube. That is if I'm thinking correctly. I am still very new to vaping, but slowly learning.

What do you think?

Picture it: A long wooden tube, of any wood you like though briar and Ebony would probably work best due to their density. You could even have a tube within a tube to accomodate a wafer battery system. Kind of like how a humidor is built. The inner tube could also be aluminum to dissapate heat while the outside was a veneer.

Not sure how to accomodate multiple flavor chambers. I'll have to think about that.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I don't care that my ecig is bigger than a cigarette. I would like it to stay charged much longer. I think the real work needs to be done in the cartomizer department. How about replaceable filler so you're not throwing away the metal and plastic every week? On one hand I'm trying to cut down on what I contribute to the landfills, then I start vaping, now I'm throwing away more non recyclable junk.
I would also like to see more consistency with liquid vendors. Are you using the additives that enhance sweet, sour, smooth? Which sweetener is going in the juice I buy, what food colorings? The most annoying is the boutique juices that are 22 bucks for 10 ml but don't tell you a thing about what's in them and also won't alter pg/vg ratio.
I spend six dollars for a pound of organic, grass fed butter, but I'm not going to spend it on a fancy package that just says butter in a cool font, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread