Takeing apart a Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
the powder coating is usually heat-cured somewhere in the vicinity of 400 degrees IIRC

This is correct. Powder coating is literally spraying on a powder, and then baking it. From what I have heard, the screws beside the window hold the circuit in place, and the top cap is press fitted. Beyond that, I can't say.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
why not just contact Dave at Provape, have him sell you another blank tube, then paint that blank tube ? This way when you damage your tube getting your press fit top cap out you wont have any issues and it will be much easier putting all the stuff back together in your newly painted tube. just an idea, tubes are the cheap part. Especially when it comes to getting off that top cap and even more so when putting your old top cap back into a new tube it would be much easier, most press fits are made to work one time.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
why not just contact Dave at Provape, have him sell you another blank tube, then paint that blank tube ? This way when you damage your tube getting your press fit top cap out you wont have any issues and it will be much easier putting all the stuff back together in your newly painted tube. just an idea, tubes are the cheap part. Especially when it comes to getting off that top cap and even more so when putting your old top cap back into a new tube it would be much easier, most press fits are made to work one time.

Ohhh I wonder if we could actually do that. I want a blank tube and top cap and bottom cap, all separate from each other, so I can cut the tube just above and below the vertical lines on the side, and mod it into a tank that will match the provari.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
All done...What ya think?

100_0148.jpg

100_0149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread